Cyclist down at Llandudno entrance

Bernard Horn

What does this mean, "12 month imprisonment which is wholly suspended for a period of 5 years"?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this mean, "12 month imprisonment which is wholly suspended for a period of 5 years"?

+1

It means that should he commit an offence of the same nature within the next 5 years he will serve 12 months in prison.

After 5 years the 12 months is not valid anymore so he could commit an offence and it could go either way.

Edited by mhbotha

I think we should start burning busses and throwing stones. Only way to get government to do something.

If we want to follow the logic of the masses we should burn our bicycles.

Wat!!!! Count me out!

carried by our lovely friends at 2OV here - http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2015/06/10/this-is-what-happened-to-the-guy-who-drove-over-a-cyclist-in-llandudno-and-drove-away/

Speaking after the sentencing, Reid seemed happy that everything was over, even though she now has to work half days, has not cycled since September, and still has many months of rehabilitation to get through.

I am quite relieved that I did not have to testify in court, but I am also happy with the plea bargain. I didn’t necessarily want to send a message. I wanted justice and I feel that he is paying for it in a just way.

Members of the cycling community are calling the sentencing “appallingly insufficient”, arguing that “motorists needed to get the message that you serve an effective jail term if they knock over a cyclist”.

Yeah, OK, but then you need to stick to the rules of the road also and learn to navigate a circle properly.

Fair is fair.

Read more: http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2015/06/10/this-is-what-happened-to-the-guy-who-drove-over-a-cyclist-in-llandudno-and-drove-away/#ixzz3ceZHK7RC

No man you don't mess your own stuff up, that's just stupid.

We need to burn the post office bikes!

rs of the cycling community are calling the sentencing “appallingly insufficient”, arguing that “motorists needed to get the message that you serve an effective jail term if they knock over a cyclist”.

Yeah, OK, but then you need to stick to the rules of the road also and learn to navigate a circle properly.

Fair is fair.

Real classy comment from those &&$% at 2OV

Very light sentence, perhaps the perp had very deep pockets and powerful lawyers, Reid may have realized its all good and well trying to be a hero but when your brain is fried by a bunch of crafty defense lawyers and you are out of pocket by R200k and the guy still only gets a slap on the wrist perhaps its best just to enter into an agreement. Hopefully she pursues a civil claim to at least have her medical and financial costs covered.

Edited by Skylark

Members of the cycling community are calling the sentencing “appallingly insufficient”, arguing that “motorists needed to get the message that you serve an effective jail term if they knock over a cyclist”.

Fair is fair.         - 2OV      :eek:

im not really sure what this is supposed to actually mean ........ :mellow:

but ill assume that it means next time I see a runner in the street coming towards me on my side of the road I should just ride straight at him until he jumps onto the pavement which he doesn't know how to use properly ..

idiot attitudes really make the world better ............Not ! :wacko: