Nissan Trailseeker #5

corrie.kuilder

Great race. Third one and was great to have had no bottleneck HOWEVER the event organizers need to consider all aspects of the event including traffic control. Many off us spent longer trying to get out of the venue (off the field we were directed to rather than climbing pavements) than we spent racing. And this is the second event (Bundu Bash) I have attended where this has just spoilt what was otherwise great MTBing.

Next time park at the cow farm and cycle down you will miss all the traffic

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Nissan event has its own character and the more events you do, the better prepared you will be for each event. I had no problem with the parking, but the security guards checking each and every car......problems. But it is also understandable, done events where you park at the event itself just to be relieved of your vehicle. Rather be glad you can park at the event so that you can get your poegaai lyf to your vehicle very easily. Van Gaalens a few years back you had to cycle an extra 3km uphill to get to your vehicle. No traffic problems, but eish......as jy moeg is, is jy moeg.

However, amazing how many riders loose their water bottles in the first few kilometres on that rocky uneven section.......and you still have 60km to go......talk about a bummer. Bombs, multitools and other stuff also........just LOVE my Camelbak.

For perspective: At the W2W the wind is in the upper 40km/h for the laxt 2 days and tomorrow we will be going straight into the teeth of it for more than 70km.

For perspective: At the W2W the wind is in the upper 40km/h for the laxt 2 days and tomorrow we will be going straight into the teeth of it for more than 70km.

That is serious mind copulation stuff.......going 10km/h but with effort for 35km/h.fighting the wind. Good luck Doc........sal aan jou dink met 'n bier in die hand langs die swembad. We had a light breeze then today......nothing seriaaas......atleast kept the motor cool on the downhills.

Entered the SO and friend into their first race. Did the 20km in batch G. Starting at 10:46. Both thoroughly enjoyed it taking around 1:10h.

Although I had to push the SO up that last hill [emoji28]

Great event, wind was a bit of a challenge and personally I'd love a bit more technical stuff. Water points were on top of things, Loads of choices in terms of food and drinks.

In terms of security checking the cars, I seem to recall a car or 2 being stolen from the first trailseeker in Cullinan and people were ranting on here about the lack of security. Guess you can't please everyone.

Thanks to the organisers, I'll definitely be back next year:(

Wife did her first race 20km. 1hr17 .. kudos to all 1st timers,well done. The bug has bitten. Now to find baby sitters,:/)

I thoroughly enjoyed the half this morning! My best race of 2014 so far. Had an extra couple of Bavaria 0%s to miss the traffic.

I think today was the most punctures and lost water bottles I've seen in a race. There was literally someone fixing a puncture on every corner and a pile of water bottles down every descent.

And we'll done to the guy who rode a couple of Km to get to the tech station with only one crank. Now that's dedication!

Hmmm, I see the officials did not record my change in batch (I started later to ride with a friend) and now my time is +15 mins. Does anyone know if you can e-mail Jumpertrax to get that sorted?

I did indicate to an official before starting that I'm going into a later batch and though they had adjusted the records.

Hmmm, I see the officials did not record my change in batch (I started later to ride with a friend) and now my time is +15 mins. Does anyone know if you can e-mail Jumpertrax to get that sorted?

I did indicate to an official before starting that I'm going into a later batch and though they had adjusted the records.

Email saseeding, they will sort it out for you.

Archived