Nissan Trailseeker #5

corrie.kuilder

Anyone know what the deal is with getting a shirt if you complete all 5 races that fall part of the series? 

Also want to know!!?? Maybe we can contact Advendurance?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can anyone tell me where who did the photos, jetline? 

Don't mean to be mr negeative here but I found the route to be pretty unimpressive  The trails were boring and polluted and I'm not really a fan of riding along the highway on a saturday morning. 

That said the huuuge turnouts, helicopters and the stars that attend definitelly give te event a feel of importance. The event is also very well organised. Just the down and dirty route wasn't that amazing. 

Don't mean to be mr negeative here but I found the route to be pretty unimpressive  The trails were boring and polluted and I'm not really a fan of riding along the highway on a saturday morning. 

That said the huuuge turnouts, helicopters and the stars that attend definitelly give te event a feel of importance. The event is also very well organised. Just the down and dirty route wasn't that amazing. 

I also felt this event was the least enjoyable of the bunch. But it might have been because I was going so slow!  :mellow:

I had 2 flats in the first 2 kms, my own fault - too low tyre pressure. From there on I just took it easy and rode my own pace. Was quite bored on the route riding mostly alone.  Took some time getting out. 

I haven't ridden for 3 wks since bailing otb at the juma. Originally entered the marathon but when collecting the race no's for the me & the wife decided to drop to the half ,as this was her first race so timing issues with looking after kids etc.

Am I happy I did the half,hell yes as I suffered like a pig and was hurting on most of the climbs. Must of had 15 or so ppl pass me on the last climb up nellmapius as I had jelly legs of note. 3wks of no riding makes such a huge differance .

Still enjoyed it,thumbs up to everyone involved.

As for the queue to get out,learnt from the 4th one had stayed behind for a chill and some lunch with the family . Awesome day out .

My son did the half marathon and took a very nasty fall about 18km in. Broke a very decent helmet in several places (thank goodness he had a helmet).

A BIG THANK YOU to the cyclists that stopped and helped him and phoned me to get help to him. He was so dazed and several people stopped to offer help and phones. The paramedics was super helpful and kept me updated the entire time whilst they were looking for him.

Luckily nothing more serious than a bit of concussion and bruises but possibly no 94.7! He will be devastated as he has been preparing so hard and it would've been his first 55km 94.7. Will have a doctor re-assess him by about Thursday before we make a final decision.

His take on things - I'm a true mountain biker, I saved my bike - there's not even a scratch!!!! :wacko:

I see lots of people moaning about the route. Racing at a serious pace, I loved the route and I will enjoy doing it again and again. Great race, great event. No complaints. Looking forward to the next one.

It is actually better than before .Less dust and we did not have to ride the section right next to the highway in front of the hotel .The route is now at the back of the hotel . we also did not have fresh sewage to negotiate in the maize  fields .Last year there was this smuts hill without actually a trail that had to be walked .This is l0 minutes from home so I was at home at 10h30 already

This race, along with the Bundu bash, are very fast and flat, and helps to improve your seeding. Although not technical, it was still fun to ride. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Only having done the 20km and loving really technical terrain, I thought the course was really nice. It had a good mix of riding over the distance we rode.

Sure some of the paths were a little too clean, and with the name down n dirty I expected more water and mud, kinda like JUMA.

It was a great event and I'll definitely be doing more next year!

Great race, great event. No complaints.

Looking forward to the next one.

Well organized except for the security guards but it is part of the race and must be accepted.

My best marathon time and great seeding time so cant complain because it will put me in a higher batch next time. :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

I'll email them and let you know.

Thanks - I am interested to know their response.

The race was, in my opinion, the quickest of the series. Although the route was not technical, it became challenging when taking it at speed. Finished the marathon in just over 02:40:00 with a technical, looking forward to the 2015 series to push it harder!

Archived