I am going to start paddling

Kranswurm

It has not stopped raining now in Gaborone for 48hrs.

I am going bonkers

And I dont have a IDT anymore!!!Cry

Seriously,if anyone knows of a good kayak going I am interested.

One of those fishing types.

Kranswurm2008-03-16 06:56:27

I have thanx.

I  know.My son is diving off Seal Island(Hout Bay) right now!!!!

Oh well will be down on Thursday for 3 wonderful weeks

It has not stopped raining now in Gaborone for 48hrs.

I am going bonkers

And I dont have a IDT anymore!!!
Seriously' date='if anyone knows of a good kayak going I am interested.

One of those fishing types.

?
[/quote']

Raining here for 48 hrs too. To make matters worse they cut the electricity just after 12 and it is still off. Too dark inside to even read and my IDT is a virtual reality one which works off my desktop computer. smiley19.gif

Raining here for 48 hrs too. To make matters worse they cut the electricity just after 12 and it is still off. Too dark inside to even read and my IDT is a virtual reality one which works off my desktop computer. smiley19.gif

If they switch off the power here now I will freak!

Going home now to watch the cycling and drink rooiwyn

Going to have to buy another IDT .Looking at the Elite Chrono Fluid

2.5 G's

Seems expensive.

This rain cancelled our ride to the Cradle this morning :(

Doesnt look like its going to clear for a while in Gauteng.

Forecast: Monday, 17 March 2008

Min:   12?C Max:   13?C http://www.weathersa.co.za/weathersa/images/icons/cloudrain.gif
Weather:   Cloudy, morning fog with a 60% chance of showers
Wind:   moderate north-easterly
Sunrise:      06:10 Sunset:   18:22
Moonrise:     15:49 Moonset:   01:48
Moonphase:   Waxing

Forecast: Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Min:   12?C Max:   16?C http://www.weathersa.co.za/weathersa/images/icons/cloudrain.gif
Weather:   Cloudy, morning fog with a 60% chance of showers
Wind:   light north-easterly
Sunrise:      06:10 Sunset:   18:21
Moonrise:     16:26 Moonset:   02:51

Forecast: Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Min:   13?C Max:   20?C http://www.weathersa.co.za/weathersa/images/icons/cloudrain.gif
Weather:   Cloudy, morning fog with a 30% chance of showers
Wind:   light north-westerly
Sunrise:      06:11 Sunset:   18:20
Moonrise:     17:00 Moonset:   03:51

Forecast: Thursday, 20 March 2008

Min:   13?C Max:   22?C http://www.weathersa.co.za/weathersa/images/icons/cloudrain.gif
Weather:   Cloudy, morning fog with a 30% chance of showers
Wind:   light north-westerly
Sunrise:      06:11 Sunset:   18:19
Moonrise:     17:32 Moonset:   04:48

This rain cancelled our ride to the Cradle this morning :(
Doesnt look like its going to clear for a while in Gauteng.

Woosies, I rode the Cradle route and only saw one other cyclist the whole morning.

Must admit when I got home I was so cold I couldn't get the key in the door to open it, had to call someone to open for me. My hands were actually going purple. Ouch

The combination of rain and wind is not a nice one but as you say we'd better get used to it for the rest of the week.

Skye - I'd live in CT in Summer and JHB in Winter. No ways i'm staying in CT for their kuk winters.

IanJ - I'm impressed man! I was ready to ride but only on condition of no rain. Next week!!

urgh Cry our mtb ride was cancelled (i'm not gonna risk my shoulder, much as i love playing inth mud)

i am gonna have to teach my NXR to swim. thank goodness i have a decent rain suit so i shouldn't get too wet getting to and from work

I went for a 4hr mtb ride this morning - perfect weather but o hell, did i chop off!

Got to the robot and only 3 other guys were there;

#1 - 2006 Deaf Mtb WORLD CHAMP

#2 - Guy that goes by the nickname "Superman" - he doesn't feel wind,

pain or anything else that us mortals do when he's on a bike.

#3 - Guy who's legs look like he could have been Chris Hoy's twin

So in a nutshell - i suffered BIG TIME!!!  Was sooo dead when i finally got home. But in retrospect it was a good training ride and by far the hardest i've done in quite some time!

This rain is driving me nuts. Went yesterday to train, saw only 1 other group at the N4 south offramp Tollgate. Either everyone chicken out like me did today, or the bikes are hanged up after the argus...

And my flat is a freeken freezer!!Dead

I had to go to the site in Meyersdal this morningat about 7.30am, I only saw two cyclists splashing around in the rain, when usually there are dozens.

..................and they didnt look as if they were enjoying themselves.

...............and No, it wasnt the Benekes either,who train a lot in this area, although I could understand if they were out.

Now I have to ask, unless you are a pro and put food on the table with your cycling, why ride in atrocious conditions, is one or two days of loafing really going to change anything?, and even if it did, (which I doubt) are you going to be winning any races in the near future?

If its no fun, (and I really cant see how it can be) why the hell do it?

I am sorry, it just makes no sense to me.

yup, this rain is getting me down as well. Unhappy not only training wise, but getting to work is also a mission of note.

Saturday was a great morning ride, inspired me to go out on Sunday morning despite it raining on Saturday night.

Biggest mistake I've made (and have a few pearlers to my credit). Went past St George's towards Olifantsfontein, couldn't see more than 2m ahead turned back after about 15km. Cold through rain jacket and base layer, not lekker at allOuch

Now I have to ask' date=' unless you are a pro and put food on the table with your cycling, why ride in atrocious conditions, is one or two days of loafing really going to change anything?, and even if it did, (which I doubt) are you going to be winning any races in the near future?
[/quote']

I went out on Sunday morning for a 20km ride.  Was cold and raining in Vanderbijlpark, BUT I went for 2 reasons: 1. See how the knee and the rest of the bod would keep up (it sucked.  The cold got to the knee at the later stages of the ride). 2. Test my new System6 Tongue