Cape Epic 2015

nathrix

I think that it is the Epic's way of ensuring that the fit make it through to the even harder stages and the unprepared fall to the way side (I do feel for those who have mechanicals)... maybe more people "survive" and avoid serious injury/heart attack as a result? The Epic is supposed to be insanely tough and I doubt that it is done to make more money.

Imagine being the sweeper and having to tell a rider that they have missed cut off. That cannot be easy. I respect everyone that walks up to the start line at the Prologue and gives Epic a bash.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why they had the 2015 route towns on their web page on 1 Oct if they didnt want to leak it - unless some poor web developer was just lazy.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:45

Prologue - Waterfront

Stages 1&2 - Elgin

Stages 3&4 - Worcester

Stages 5&5 ???? Upper Breede River Valley? wellington does make more sense now

Final Stage - Meerendal

my guess

Global Cycle Race traces leak to source

The route for the 2015 ABSA Cape Epic, the world's largest mountain bike race, was leaked just days prior to the official media launch.

Bandstand Damagement has confirmed that route data was stolen from its cloud storage servers, but denies any breach of its security systems. The route data is highly important to us, it allows the team to book up all the available accommodation and hike the prices before the general public can get hold of it.

"After more than 40 hours of investigation, we have discovered that certain accounts were compromised by a targeted attack on usernames, passwords and security questions," the company said in a statement released yesterday.

It added: "None of the cases we have investigated has resulted from any breach in Bandstand systems. We are continuing to work with law enforcement to help identify the criminals involved."

They also further denied that Biking SA magazine was held in anyway liable for the data being released earlier than expected. "Sure we publish the route in their magazine, but we were not aware that anyone actually reads it or the online version anymore. This was a surprise to all involved and will probably not happen again in the future."

There was little surprise from the general public once it was released and confirmed, as the route followed the general trend of previous years. "We started with Knysna to Cape town, and are now pretty close to our final goal of Cape town to Cape Town. We expect that in the next year or two the prologue will be in Kev's backyard, and stages 1-7 will all be different variations of V&A to the company gardens and back. The reasons for this are well known, and we're not afraid to discuss them. In order to reduce our carbon footprint we had to move away from Dr Evil's Lair in the garden route. We can do it all on Google Earth now"

Global Cycle Race traces leak to source

The route for the 2015 ABSA Cape Epic, the world's largest mountain bike race, was leaked just days prior to the official media launch.

Bandstand Damagement has confirmed that route data was stolen from its cloud storage servers, but denies any breach of its security systems. The route data is highly important to us, it allows the team to book up all the available accommodation and hike the prices before the general public can get hold of it.

"After more than 40 hours of investigation, we have discovered that certain accounts were compromised by a targeted attack on usernames, passwords and security questions," the company said in a statement released yesterday.

It added: "None of the cases we have investigated has resulted from any breach in Bandstand systems. We are continuing to work with law enforcement to help identify the criminals involved."

They also further denied that Biking SA magazine was held in anyway liable for the data being released earlier than expected. "Sure we publish the route in their magazine, but we were not aware that anyone actually reads it or the online version anymore. This was a surprise to all involved and will probably not happen again in the future."

There was little surprise from the general public once it was released and confirmed, as the route followed the general trend of previous years. "We started with Knysna to Cape town, and are now pretty close to our final goal of Cape town to Cape Town. We expect that in the next year or two the prologue will be in Kev's backyard, and stages 1-7 will all be different variations of V&A to the company gardens and back. The reasons for this are well known, and we're not afraid to discuss them. In order to reduce our carbon footprint we had to move away from Dr Evil's Lair in the garden route. We can do it all on Google Earth now"

Hahahahaha that's so funny  :clap:

"Sure we publish the route in their magazine, but we were not aware that anyone actually reads it or the online version anymore..."

Hehehe!

Edited by Tumbleweed

2012 we had CRAZY hard days and then *moderate* days made hard by the weather...

This seems like somewhere in between.......almost every day.

Not going to be a walk in the park.

Im jealous  :wacko:

Yeah Bud, Day 5 was rather strange chasing you through that Elgin valley single track and you were wearing a bomber jacket....never been so cold in my life.....

Looks like a proper Epic route. All days 2000m + (and two close to 3000m) excl prologue and finish. Should be a cracker.

Edited by MuddyMike

wahahhahahaha you cannot script this kuk. rofl...no one reads bicycling

aww crap, forgot to include the bit about "our route leak being better than the TdF leak". oh well.