Cape Epic 2015

nathrix

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surely not?!

Epic has always threatened riders they will be banned if any stage is tracked and made public. We were even told to turn off GPS tracking on our Garmin's before riding in 2012 and 2014.

Looks like the distances and ascents are coming down form those first years, drastically so.

And riding 26" htails back in the day...These days we also have proper nutrition, 29" plush dual suspensions, better design geometry, better ass cream, carbon to make the bikes much lighter, better training programs, etc. It should be a walk in the park if you've done your prep and have the right gear!

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

This has absolutely no impact on my life at the moment.

Those of you that have the moola to pay the fee for a suffer fest, enjoy boys.

The early Epics were a sufferfest, this looks like a catered fun ride.

Dr. Evil (Leon Evans) no longer responsible for Epic route

Why o why, did they catch him dopping, surely that's not the same as doping  :ph34r:

Hmm this has a controversial inkling to it...

attachicon.gif2014-10-23_1002.png

What was Dr Evil's involvement in the last few years anyway since it moved away from the garden route? anything more than a stamp of approval?

What was Dr Evil's involvement in the last few years anyway since it moved away from the garden route? anything more than a stamp of approval?

I dunno, the last time i spoke to him was in 2010 (talking of the 2011 event) and i got the impression at that stage he was very involved with the course at that stage.