World hour record

Shebeen

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they moved the goal posts... lots of people gonna be gunning to get their name in lights until one of the real big guns steps up. I reckon Spartacus next year will be putting down a proper bench mark  :thumbup:

Wiggins I am sure will give it a crack too. Martin? Might wait til a little later in his career, but those are clearly the top three in my eyes.

Yeah, they moved the goal posts... lots of people gonna be gunning to get their name in lights until one of the real big guns steps up. I reckon Spartacus next year will be putting down a proper bench mark  :thumbup:

Im also waiting for the big guns to come out. 

Fabian, Wiggo and Martin are probably waiting for one to make the first move. 

Thats going to be exciting stuff right there

The machine

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

nice machine!  Apparently the circuit he is doing it on is only 200m.  Which means, he's going to be turning about double the times Jens did. This also means its going to be quite tough to beat Jens' record.

THis is shaping up to be an event to keep our eyes on. And to quote cartman: " he is making a left tuurn, wonder what he is going to do next? Heck Another left Tuuurn.

This was posted o Colnago facebook page 25 October

Today, 42 years ago, Eddy Merckx realized the hour record in Mexico city: 49.431 km. His bicycle, built by Ernesto Colnago, weighed 5.75 kg.

My question is thus why is this record still recognized? It should also be thrown out for not been within the current rules of the UCI - no diffrent to Boardman's, Obree and ... records etc. The UCI require a bike (even a track bike) to be 6.8 kg! Lets face it the UCI has made a complete mess up of this record and allowing progress in technology of the bicycle. They should get control of dopping before they impose stupid rules on conventional (non fairing) bicycle!

Nearly 40 mins in

He's more than a min ahead of Jens

Yeah ^_^ laatjie got no respect for his elders

Just teasing

Lets see if he can maintain till the end

Final 15 mins

1:07 ahead of Jens

Was 1:09 a few mins ago

Edited by ' Dale