The Cradle is Insane

Paul Ruinaard

The cradle does belong to the cyclists at that time! There are thousands out there sore you the motorist just take it easy and safe please! Or go another way! There are lots of other roads for you to travel to your destination!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cradle does belong to the cyclists at that time! There are thousands out there sore you the motorist just take it easy and safe please! Or go another way! There are lots of other roads for you to travel to your destination!

Good grief, the arrogance is mind boggling.

The road belongs to all road users.

Good grief, the arrogance is mind boggling.

The road belongs to all road users.

Ja nee wragtag....surely he is joking. There is no time slots where certain users can claim it. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated...really not that hard.

On my way to the cycling fair I passed considerate riders and some inconsiderate ones...

Ja nee wragtag....surely he is joking. There is no time slots where certain users can claim it. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated...really not that hard.

On my way to the cycling fair I passed considerate riders and some inconsiderate ones...

Yip, I agree on that, I was shocked at how dumb some cyclists are really .

I rode in the Cradle really early on Saturday Morning. I missed the masses as I was out by 8am but even then was amazed to see some of them in action.

Wyatt Earp, on 27 Oct 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

Having driven out to the Cycle fair yesterday, I was shocked by the behaviour of some motorcyclists in the cradle... 120kph minimum in a 60kph zone, overtaking on a solid white line, on a blind rise and between cars going in opposite directions.... NOT clever..... maybe I should take the clip off my in car camera.... hope it's still there...

I reckon it's brilliant to see so many cyclists on the road. It's a sign that the sport is healthy. It means that stores, importers and agents are able to make a living, employ more people and bring in more stuff. It's a sign that we are a viable community who should be able to help and support each other. It indicates that we could be a strong lobby group who could stand for positive change (if we just stopped bitching at each other). 

So, welcome the noobs, help and guide them and stop treating them like pariahs. We were all noobs once, until someone gave us a bit of support and advice. 

Mainly, the A-holes are not the noobs, it's the old hands who think they're some form of superior life form.

PS: I'm neither a noob nor a lifer. I've ridden for three years on both road and MTB. I was in the cradle on Saturday with Cycle Lab and was chuffed to see the roads being dominated by cyclists. Long may it last!!!

Except that's exactly what happens when an event like the 94.7 comes around. It's all about doing what is in the interests of the public, and if the volume of cyclists on a particular road or route is extremely high, something should be done to protect both them and the motorists.

Except that's exactly what happens when an event like the 94.7 comes around. It's all about doing what is in the interests of the public, and if the volume of cyclists on a particular road or route is extremely high, something should be done to protect both them and the motorists.

The catch is they can protect themselves...by following the rules and being considerate. Lets face it, 2 tons metal vs 80kg meat bag there is always going to be only one outcome. So its really in their interest not to be idiots, but when a they hear a hooter, its always met with guns blazing with a sprinkle of "this is my road"

Drove to the Cycle fair and was amazed by the arrogance of a group riding with black and Red VO Jerseys. Rode 4 to 5 abreast taking up the whole cycling and normal lane! 

Being a cyclist myself, I felt irritated by their arrogance and can understand why normal road users Hate "us Cyclists".

Now that there are so many people out there it seems that they are also seeing fit to get their mates to follow their bunch from behind in a follow car with hazards on.

I have seen a women in a little white Peugeot 205 two weekends in a  row behind he family or whoever it is, merrily in the yellow line reserved for cyclists mowing down the rubber markers that demarcate the lane.

The mind boggles.

There are so many people who think they deserve a follow car out there now that it just amazes me. Bakkies, Tri Sport vehicles, clubs etc.

All of them in the yellow line.

I still have to take my road bike down from the garage roof. Almost time for my annual pilgrimage to the Cradle to see if the thing still works, the weekend before 94.

Just a heads up...

I still have to take my road bike down from the garage roof. Almost time for my annual pilgrimage to the Cradle to see if the thing still works, the weekend before 94.

Just a heads up...

Looking forward to my first 1 this year. Yet to start training and don't have a road bike. So it's MTB + slicks + baggies....  :oops:

Can always rely on the Hub for an opinion or two!!!

Am a regular Cradle rider and think both camps are right:

1) It is great to see so many people on the road

2) A bunch (excuse the pun) of riders could be a bit more considerate

How's that for a non- event post :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

• 2 weeks later...

This morning the cradle was an absolute circus and for once it wasn't the noobs to blame. Came across this cyclelab bunch, some of them riding 4 abreast. When a lady politely asked them to try stay in single file one of the guys responded "what is this a f#@$ing race".

I hope either you or one of kronies read this post because you sir are a massive douchebag.

post-49152-1415436446,9625.jpg

Archived