The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

Crazy. Time Flies... Well, my training is gong to Plan. Doing a Long 200km+ Ride somewhere in Dec. Just have to figure out when.  :ph34r:

Best day is on the 26th then you have sorted the overeating of xmas and dont need to commit to any diet new year resolution BS - and no robbers on the road they all drunk hung over and stuffed with xmas dinners really the best day of the year to ride

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should change it to 36One 2016,you bunch of lazy's must train over the holiday period.I want NO EXCUSES come race day :devil:  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a broken knee, only started training again (4months out of action). Do u guys think I will still be able to get fit in time for this event?

• 3 weeks later...

I had a broken knee, only started training again (4months out of action). Do u guys think I will still be able to get fit in time for this event?

4 months is more than enough time. If you can get your endurance up to doing a couple of 6hr rides comfortably, you'll be fine for 36One. No need to do anything longer.

Practice things like eating - what to eat on the bike, when to eat, what it feels like to bonk and how to avoid it etc. Learn about your body, and what makes it tick.

Did a 200km end of December and felt very good actually.

Thinking of maybe doing a 200km ride next week again and then the Baberton Ultra at the end of January.

Hi

Has anyone done the 36one with a rigid front fork on a 29er and what was your experience? If you do it again will you use the rigid fork again?

Also, if I (average rider) use a 11 – 42 cassette in the back, what single ring (30/32/34/26/38) will you suggest for the front?

Thank you.

Hi

Has anyone done the 36one with a rigid front fork on a 29er and what was your experience? If you do it again will you use the rigid fork again?

Also, if I (average rider) use a 11 – 42 cassette in the back, what single ring (30/32/34/26/38) will you suggest for the front?

Thank you.

Should be ok to use a rigid fork. I think Hentus has done it with a rigid and he seemed to survive (he has several top 5 finishes).

Concerning gearing - I have no idea about a single blade option. I still run 3 blades, and it was pretty cool being able to drop the single blade guys on the flat with nothing more than a 44 on the front. That said, I didn't use the small blade, and did all of the climbing in the 32 middle blade.

Thanks Velouria. I think I'll rather skip this year. I did a 90k 3weeks ago and I was totalled after that. I also still feel a high amount of discomfort on my knee at times (maybe I should visit the fisio again..). I also started a new jop in Pta, so training is a bit slow. Thanks for ur reply, I really appreciate it.

Im a bit Sh@t Scared doing a Long Training Night-Ride All by my Lonesome self. Never done it before. But I Guess I have to do it......Cant just train in the day time, seeing as we are starting @ 18:00 at night..

Im a bit Sh@t Scared doing a Long Training Night-Ride All by my Lonesome self. Never done it before. But I Guess I have to do it......Cant just train in the day time, seeing as we are starting @ 18:00 at night..

just switch your light off and no will even know youre there