The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

Did a 201km on Saturday. Only 2100m of climbing though but the emphasis was go long and strength. Only 2hrs in the dark though. (But I spend around 2hrs every morning in the dark lately) Would have liked to have done another 160 on Sunday but with the missus birthday....we all know the possible outcome you miss that one! A long ride like these can boost the mindset. It went well. Felt good! Still some final work to be done.....next 2 weekends tricky with family visiting.. :wacko: ....(I guess, ride when they sleep and catch a nap in the day - sleep deprivation training. Lol :clap: )

Believe you me, my wife is starting to ask me who I am, my 6 year old doesn't recognise me anymore, ha ha ha :w00t:  :ph34r:

Its always tough with Family and kids etc. Very difficult to keep a healthy balance. My wife is very understanding and supports me 100%, except when we have to visit my in-laws, then I will always go for a loooong ride.... :whistling:

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe you me, my wife is starting to ask me who I am, my 6 year old doesn't recognise me anymore, ha ha ha :w00t:  :ph34r:

Its always tough with Family and kids etc. Very difficult to keep a healthy balance. My wife is very understanding and supports me 100%, except when we have to visit my in-laws, then I will always go for a loooong ride.... :whistling:

What can I say! I sympathize. The life of a cyclist! We are one!  :thumbup:

My original team mate had an accident in December, so he's had to sit this one out. I found myself a new team mate recently, who has now just totaled himself @ Epic. 

I fear my partnership may be a curse, so I will be riding this event solo.

One solo entry up for sale, if anyone is looking?

My original team mate had an accident in December, so he's had to sit this one out. I found myself a new team mate recently, who has now just totaled himself @ Epic. 

NO man. Do it Solo..

Not so sure I want you riding any where near me. Although we've survived several events and other crazy rides together in the past.

Believe you me, my wife is starting to ask me who I am, my 6 year old doesn't recognise me anymore, ha ha ha :w00t: :ph34r:

If my in-laws were coming for a week I would do the Epic!!

If my in-laws were coming for a week I would do the Epic!!

The Problem is, my in-laws stays just a block away..... :eek:  :(

That's your secret to good training for 360one isn't it...

But off course... :ph34r:  :whistling:

That's why I ride long rides during the week as well lol :clap:

Before I pull the trigger on an entry is there anyone from Cape Town who would like to car pool, my car or yours, will contribute to fuel. I have a Thule rack for 3 Bikes.

People in JHB area go train for the 36one race at Breedts Nek.

I completed 2 laps on Saturday and one lap on sunday mid morning.
Parked at the canopy tours and did Breedts in reverse for a change.. It felt worse that doing it from Hekpoort to the cafe..

I think the total was about 220kms around 70km a lap.

Total climbing is around 3000m - 3300m.

Good training for the Swart and Rooibergs....

Even after doing 3 laps i still wonder if my fittness will be good enough to complete the 36ONE again...

3 weeks out guys!!!