Performance enhancing substances among amateurs

Heard a bird tweet that Apparently growth hormones is a huge thing these days among amateur cyclists, got me thinking, think performance enhancing substances is big in amateur cycling? I certainly think so... This is not factual, i am merely trying to gather thoughts on the matter..

Cheers

ace

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant understand why an amateur would put themselves at that kind of risk.

What can the rewards be? bragging rights?

I suppose it would be in line with guys using steroids when they are wannabe bodybuilders.

I cant understand why an amateur would put themselves at that kind of risk.

What can the rewards be? bragging rights?

I suppose it would be in line with guys using steroids when they are wannabe bodybuilders.

" I Suppose it would be in line with guys using steroids when they are wannabe bodybuilders.

"

Xactly...

Guest DieBees

Not only Growth Hormone but Testosterone AND epo. I have knowledge of people using Winstrol and Dianobol aswell.

Why? They have a person ( or persons) they want to beat. Impress would not be the right word.

I cannot see the 'benefits' of using growth hormone. It will give you size, but that muscle bulk has poor contractile and force production abilities.

This myopathy should lead to decreased performance

Edit: spelling

this juts confirms my suspicions - so in reality I am riding much better its just that so many people use drugs and therefore do better then me in the races :ph34r:

Guest DieBees

Thats where most people miss the point...

U cant use steroids and NOT train! And growth hormone aids revovery and not muscle growth...

Google it.

Ja, lets say you start using growth hormones after 40, your body stopped growing for a very long time, and now suddenly things start to grow again.. So i think it will make a big diff on your performance, I know testosterone gives men a 15% increase on performance and up to 30% for the ladies, now I cycle 8-9 hours a week, lets say I bulk up on testosterone and Ghormones, im getting like 30% xtra, which is a huuuuge diff, i honestly think i will start winning stuff :P

c'mon guys take drugs... it will make you faster... it will make you stronger... it will make you awesum.. 

Its safe and healthy... there are no side effects... even your kids can take them.. 

AND DONT FORGET: THE MORE YOU TAKE... THE FASTER IT WILL WORK

I just ride to in order keep the lbs off and look good naked for the Mrs.

The play I get is my reward.

Would want to risk getting `benched` with an `injury`

Just doesn't make sense to me!

Not only Growth Hormone but Testosterone AND epo. I have knowledge of people using Winstrol and Dianobol aswell.

Why? They have a person ( or persons) they want to beat. Impress would not be the right word.

If you have knowledge of someone taking illegal substances, surely reporting them to the authorities is the solution.

Id do it to show those guyz from Velo on a Tuesday ! Hahahahaha :P kidding

Careful. There are guys here that read your post and also do the Velo on Tuesdays.

They will make you do all the work at the front and just attack you at the end.

Consider yourself a marked man! :ph34r:  :D

There was a string like this some years ago. Lets just say that you need to go and google certain anti-aging people, but they actually threatened some of the posters with legal action for anti comments so it got a bit hairy.

Lets say the wife does the surgery thing and the husbands being CxO's and having lots of money in Jhb Northern Suburbs (pick your area) spend the money on fancy carbon frames, and then what?

Some go faster juice.

Hey if you haven't got the time to train or the genetics and theres no testing, who will know. And your ego will get stroked big time.

Makes you feel like Superman. the energy just never runs out and the power on the big climbs is amazing.

Fastest I ever got was towards the front of A bunches in road racing and i think that if they had to screen a lot of the vets and the faster bunches on fun rides they would be horrified what they would find.

I reckon some of those guys would melt the glass beaker with their urine.

Ripped Fuel and Ultimate Orange had some scary stuff in them in their older formulations pre 2000.  

I left my bottles behind at a race and a mate loaned me one of his which was his " food bottle". It was Ultimate Orange. I swear it made my scalp tingle and crawl but i was super strong. That stuff had synthetic E in it in big doses. 

I have seen it all and then some - guys injecting etc in the bunch on tandem races. Guys sweating like horses when ephedrine and its variants were around. That doesn't happen with caffeine....

Archived