Littering and PRO's

Guest Smimby

I just use a gel flask, top up with hammer gel before a ride and no littering, sticky pockets, waste etc... and using the bulk gel which come in a 650 ml bottle saves heaps of cash. 

Win win ekse

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bananas better and cheaper than gels and you get to turf your peel

Experience says the top youngsters (14-18yo) are the worst with the littering :-(

One or both of those solutions would definitely be the best resolution to this issue.

In all due respect to the OP, when you are riding in an elite peloton with the gutter on one side and a cross wind on the other, where to place a piece of 1cm x 1cm plastic is not foremost on your mind...

oh really.

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/muskoka/athletes/rules-and-regulations.aspx#axzz3IpqpnQWW

3. Athletes are reminded that littering is not permitted and will result in a penalty.

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman/muskoka/athletes/rules-and-regulations.aspx#ixzz3IpqwWk00

The solution is that they should NOT litter and like Red Zone said, DQ them===Done.

We don't to find alternate solutions and bottles etc. We need to send a message to these guys.

This is like skipping a red light and the "image" it gives to cyclists, now where are those hubbers now? 

Bananas better and cheaper than gels and you get to turf your peel

Experience says the top youngsters (14-18yo) are the worst with the littering :-(

Did you know that the banana peel is not supposed to turfed, as it takes up to TWO years to biodegrade and many parks have now banned this practice. 

So please don't do that either

One or both of those solutions would definitely be the best resolution to this issue.

In all due respect to the OP, when you are riding in an elite peloton with the gutter on one side and a cross wind on the other, where to place a piece of 1cm x 1cm plastic is not foremost on your mind...

Nonsense, I dont care if it 1cm x 1cm or 1m x 1m. It is wrong....or are you that person that skips the red light if the cars are faaar away?

Age old thing of reality not necessarily being the right thing. 

I totally agree. I also think that the springboard rugby players should repaint the white lines when they mess them up and must stop spitting on the field. It's gross.

While we are at it all formula 1 drivers must plant trees to compensate for the carbon footprint of the racing.

Pro golfers must rake and tidy up the bunkers and fix all divets

Soccer players must do their own hair

these little bits of plastic are painful to deal with .....easier to spit it out, that's a fact. Also dangerous to remove from mouth to transfer to pockets as your hand already holding the sachet ....I am ashamed to say I tend to spit em out but keep the big part once used in my pocket.

All for a redesign of sorts where one possibly rips off a portion of the top and it stays attached.

That is brillaint! Never thought of that, we normally just bight a cut into the corner of the GU so no messy top flap and then just put the empty one in the back pocket. Will this idea work for mtb or will the shaking cause it to tear off? No use in losing a few much needed GU's as well as littering

In canoeing/whitewater kayaking it's done this way too. If these little GU sachets can survive the deck of a canoe through 8 hours on a Dusi stage then it can handle a MTB ride.

All you do is place the tape over the little top bit. Then when you need it, just grab and pull sideways. Always tears away perfectly and the little top bit stays under the tape.

In canoeing/whitewater kayaking it's done this way too. If these little GU sachets can survive the deck of a canoe through 8 hours on a Dusi stage then it can handle a MTB ride.

All you do is place the tape over the little top bit. Then when you need it, just grab and pull sideways. Always tears away perfectly and the little top bit stays under the tape.

Would normal insulation tape do the trick? Duct tape it a b!tch to remove!