The "I hate Specialized" Bandwagon...... what's the deal?

L.T.G

I hope you tucked her "him" in last night. Good looking ride there Hairy.

Corrected.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to all non-conformists....bet you love your bikes.......

Specialized and Scott riders were told what to buy.....

Cool, didn't know we hating on scott now

so out of interest, what hipster bike do you ride?

I'm not a regular contributor here but this subject ... I find interesting

When Trek got really strong in SA (nearly 20 years back) I worked at Hopkins Cycle Inn, we were good friends with Deon and his team while they grew the brand until it was the strongest in the country - Deon being the great marketing person that he is tried to get Steven Bowman to become the first concept store in SA.

I did'nt like the idea then and I don't like it now - if you own a spez only their agents are supposed to be able to help you and because of some 'special' bits only they CAN help with a number of issues that should not be a problem for decent technicians, specialized does make excellent bikes (as do most of the established brands) but unless you live in or close to the major centers servicing can be a problem and many of the able mechanics dont like the brand because of there exclusive attitude.

I have done work for a number of top performers across various cycling disciplines and my personal preference is steel or titanium, NOT carbon .....

I'm not a regular contributor here but this subject ... I find interesting

When Trek got really strong in SA (nearly 20 years back) I worked at Hopkins Cycle Inn, we were good friends with Deon and his team while they grew the brand until it was the strongest in the country - Deon being the great marketing person that he is tried to get Steven Bowman to become the first concept store in SA.

I did'nt like the idea then and I don't like it now - if you own a spez only their agents are supposed to be able to help you and because of some 'special' bits only they CAN help with a number of issues that should not be a problem for decent technicians, specialized does make excellent bikes (as do most of the established brands) but unless you live in or close to the major centers servicing can be a problem and many of the able mechanics dont like the brand because of there exclusive attitude.

I have done work for a number of top performers across various cycling disciplines and my personal preference is steel or titanium, NOT carbon .....

Or a Steel bike and a Plastic bike :P

the best?

What had your experience been with the bike

Sweet bike Hairy!

It feels super plush, loving every moment of it. I have the brain set more toward the soft setting.  

Even though it is really plush the bike is still responsive on the climbs.

This bike puts a fat smile on my face every single time. Some times it makes me do stupid things. 

Funny post of the day for me.

Someone selling an Epic frameset, fork and seatpost. Places the add and then a short while afterwards in the comments section notes that the bike has not done the Epic.......because all Epics ride the Epic :P

Anyway ...... the seller has apparently bought an S-Werx Epic, so in my mind can now do the Epic.

I am being a chop hey!?!?

:lol:

I walked into a LBS  and told a sales rep that I was interested in an epic frameset. 

The rep tells me that a customer is selling a complete epic sworks and then proceeds to show me the bike.

As I am viewing the bike the first thing I notice are the three epic race number decals on the toptube. At that moment the rep points out the decals and tried to use it as a selling point. He said, can you see how good this bike is? It completed three epics.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Or a Steel bike and a Plastic bike :P

Hey! 

You forgetting about the all-paper bike dude

cardboard-bicycle.jpg

:lol:

I walked into a LBS  and told a sales rep that I was interested in an epic frameset. 

The rep tells me that a customer is selling a complete epic sworks and then proceeds to show me the bike.

As I am viewing the bike the first thing I notice are the three epic race number decals on the toptube. At that moment the rep points out the decals and tried to use it as a selling point. He said, can you see how good this bike is? It completed three epics.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

These people that leave their Epic stickers on their bike..... Like people getting Ironman tatoos.

These people that leave their Epic stickers on their bike..... Like people getting Ironman tatoos.

A bit off-topic but I saw a girl with a Adidas tattoo on her calf. I have nothing against tattoos but...

Okay back to topic:

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv266/DirtJumperP2/Misc/SpecializedTattoo.jpg

Hey! 

You forgetting about the all-paper bike dude

cardboard-bicycle.jpg

I wood rather ride this bike

http://bike198.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/renvo-wood-mountain-bike.jpg

Funny post of the day for me.

Someone selling an Epic frameset, fork and seatpost. Places the add and then a short while afterwards in the comments section notes that the bike has not done the Epic.......because all Epics ride the Epic :P

Anyway ...... the seller has apparently bought an S-Werx Epic, so in my mind can now do the Epic.

I am being a chop hey!?!?

even these Epics can ride the Epic

http://images04.olx-st.com/ui/17/00/26/1387198800_578219426_3-Dunlop-Epic-Trail-Mountain-bike-26-Cape-Town.jpg

Archived