The "I hate Specialized" Bandwagon...... what's the deal?

L.T.G

From what I have seen of the Momsen lunch box, you will need rivnuts in your top tube to bolt it to - So I would assume that is only going to be valid on Momsen bikes - unless you apply some drillium to your top tube (or any tube of your fancy) to insert some rivnuts....and going out on a limb here, you may void any warranty you may have in doing so...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For R1600 I'll rather go without any tools and hope that my guardian angel is with me.

Jokes aside, I'll just pop my tools etc into a second bottle into a second cage and pray that I don't loose it.

Just finished my first ride with the Slaughter on the back, in a particularly dry and dusty Hoogekraal. Very, very good first impressions. Will write something up once I've got a bit more time on it.

· The reason one cannot purchase the SWAT box as a single item is so that the rider does not have compatibility issues, prevents agitation for the rider sourcing parts and trying to get parts that might or do not fit SWAT box ect.

You had better tell Spez that this is utter BS - the mission owners have to go through to replace a broken box is insane - they actually want you to buy the full kit - and 4 Spes shops had the same story....

If you don't want to tell them, pm me a contact and I will do it - I am still angry about it after more than 6 months....

For R1600 I'll rather go without any tools and hope that my guardian angel is with me.

Jokes aside, I'll just pop my tools etc into a second bottle into a second cage and pray that I don't loose it.

Make a small lanyard to the bottle..... and tie it to the cage....

You had better tell Spez that this is utter BS - the mission owners have to go through to replace a broken box is insane - they actually want you to buy the full kit - and 4 Spes shops had the same story....

If you don't want to tell them, pm me a contact and I will do it - I am still angry about it after more than 6 months....

Done. Are you still looking for spares? Let's see if we can get you sorted.

Make a small lanyard to the bottle..... and tie it to the cage....

I have actually taken a piece of innertube from a roadbike and tied it through the bottlecage and so far that lasted for quite a few rides. So when you push the bottle in it rolls up with the bottle and keeps it tighter.

I'm already busy thinking about how to make my own "BSG swat box"

Done. Are you still looking for spares? Let's see if we can get you sorted.

I am actually not looking for spares anymore - my LBS stripped apart a kit and gave me a replacement after getting the run around from Spez - and I listened to him on the phone, so I am sure he got the run around....

Completely insane supplier behavior to not provide spares...  and today they are getting another test on spares availability for a small broken plastic clip.... will advise progress on that too...

I am actually not looking for spares anymore - my LBS stripped apart a kit and gave me a replacement after getting the run around from Spez - and I listened to him on the phone, so I am sure he got the run around....

Completely insane supplier behavior to not provide spares... and today they are getting another test on spares availability for a small broken plastic clip.... will advise progress on that too...

Why not sell the swat separately, that would boost sales and make mtb cyclists happy [emoji106]

Why not sell the swat separately, that would boost sales and make mtb cyclists happy [emoji106]

Swat needs an extra mount point - so really won't fit a lot of bikes - but clearly they believe the quality of the box is "indestructable" - in reality it is a R10 bit of plastic with the quality of a milkbottle... oh - and btw - it won't fit anything but a really lightweight tube in - so a heavy duty sealant containing tube has no chance of fitting - even without the bomb and tire lever in.

Swat needs an extra mount point - so really won't fit a lot of bikes - but clearly they believe the quality of the box is "indestructable" - in reality it is a R10 bit of plastic with the quality of a milkbottle... oh - and btw - it won't fit anything but a really lightweight tube in - so a heavy duty sealant containing tube has no chance of fitting - even without the bomb and tire lever in.

I battle to get my sligtly larget than normal road tube in there, wouldn't want to fit a full size 2 x 2.125" tube in there.

How about a SWAT bib short ek se? They look funny but I bet they work well...

Still, I hate the idea of having a otb and one have the tools in your backpocket [emoji603] [emoji541]. I don't like the inside of a hospital that much.

Inside my swat box I carry 

1 x Tube

1 x Plug lever and plug

1 x Spare Valve

1 x Spare Deraileur hanger

1 x Co2 Canister 

1 x Tire Lever

Some of those Park Tool Thick paper patches for sidewall cuts. 

Works pretty well.

post-15611-0-86194200-1472729593_thumb.jpg

Inside my swat box I carry

1 x Tube

1 x Plug lever and plug

1 x Spare Valve

1 x Spare Deraileur hanger

1 x Co2 Canister

1 x Tire Lever

Some of those Park Tool Thick paper patches for sidewall cuts.

Works pretty well.

That is the reason why I wanted one, but I'm sorry, not at the price.

Archived