Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

Can I add my bastardised MTB to the mix?

I have something building up in the garage to be very similar to your bike tumbles

alice.jpg

I look forward to seeing pics of the build! It's an old Sunn Tox. Had to use those rollermajiggie things to get the V-brakes to work. There's a thread here somewhere on the bodged chain tensioner we built. The most special thing on that bike are the gold LX hubs. Bloody bike wrecked me on a Crater Cruise some years back - not to mention a hub ride at Groenies that ended in broken ribs and elbow - but what a fun bike to ride!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so whilst window shopping I come across this.

Anybody with more info?

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/69479-new-from-spot-bikes-rallye/

if you are looking to use a belt drive its one of the few available frames you can get either locally or online to import.

if you aren't looking to use a belt drive, for the price i reckon there are better options out there, especially if you are happy to import... just my 2 cents

Guys , I've got my frame .. Old school cantilever brakes .. So any suggestions on wheels ? Got frame at a very good price ...

Guys , I've got my frame .. Old school cantilever brakes .. So any suggestions on wheels ? Got frame at a very good price ...

post-17119-0-99874800-1417451950_thumb.jpg

Where did you buy it?

A cheap set of 29'er wheels will do the job.

What the Sheriff said...

Just to let you guys know.

My conversion is complete and works....

1 x 10spd Ultegra STI

1 x 10spd SLX 11-36 cassette

1 x 9spd SLX RD

Just to let you guys know.

My conversion is complete and works....

1 x 10spd Ultegra STI

1 x 10spd SLX 11-36 cassette

1 x 9spd SLX RD

Does the 9 spd rd get to all 10 gears on the cassette? Why not go 10spd RD? Just wondering

Does the 9 spd rd get to all 10 gears on the cassette? Why not go 10spd RD? Just wondering

The pull ratios on the road shifters to the mtb der are slightly different... as far as im aware.

Yes it does. Different pull ratios for Shimano 10spd MTB RD and road STI's

The pull ratios on the road shifters to the mtb der are slightly different... as far as im aware.

Correct.

Yes it does. Different pull ratios for Shimano 10spd MTB RD and road STI's

Correct.

That foils my plans, have old 105 9speed. May just run single tiny chain ring at front

A cheap set of 29'er wheels will do the job.

How are those going to work with rim brakes? or do you mean road wheels?