Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

Almost the same thing... You are splitting hairs! Heheheheheh

Not really. Makes a big difference. Far superior control if the drops are at what would be flat bar height. Being in the hoods at this height makes for a twitchy ride. Applies for an off-road rig with actual dirt drops. Cx rigs with fairly standard drops are different. Different geo etc.

That said - I'm pretty confident Flowta has a good idea of what he's trying to achieve ;)

Edited by Ryanpmb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to keep the Fairdale weekender frame. 

Slapped on a 1x10 groupset and flat bars for the time being until i have some cash again to get some disc brakes.

post-44444-0-54943000-1473148534_thumb.jpg

Edited by danthunders

sheesh I go on two weeks leave and three new gorgeous bikes pop up in my favourite thread.... gents... please take some nice pics and let us have a built spec. You cant tease us like this!

All done - well - still need bottle cages and computer mounts and sensors.... :) and a couple of bolts to cover the caliper and rack mount holes.

attachicon.gif20160907_092900small.jpg

I have some bottle cages,  computer mounts and sensors clogging up my cupboard. Lets see if you can help me my wife out by tidying up the mess. 

I have some bottle cages,  computer mounts and sensors clogging up my cupboard. Lets see if you can help me my wife out by tidying up the mess. 

You have a lovely wife - why do you want to clear her out? :ph34r:

Nice bike, but need much better fotos

Patience please for better photos... :)

Build spec:

Frame - Cotic Roadrat, painted by Bogus, Matt black and gloss black logos

Wheels - Roval alloy rims on bitex hubs - self built

Tires - Schwalbe Sammy Slicks running tubes

Bars, Stem and Seatpost - Oval carbon

Bar Tape - Ritchey extra thick CX tape

Crank/Levers/Cassette/rear DR - SRAM Apex hydraulic 1 x11 (42/11 rear and 42 front)

Saddle - Spez

Pedals - XTR

Cages will be Spez Z side entry, and garmin sensors and mounts - have to decide if I will add camera mounts front and rear too.