Has anyone thought of the fact that he was wearing W2W gear....rare bike....super vets cat in W2W...check the results of W2W and report him to TMNP....but then again the screaming of getting banned on the mountain may just be heard from here on the spruit....

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha thanks (I think)! If they paint some "No Entry" signs on some of the rocks, that should eliminate the problem.

You really are a bit thick aren't you.

It is a national park and if you actually bothered to read the thread you would discover that the signage has to be approved by Sanparks (and you can bet everything you own they are not letting anybody loose on the mountain with a brush and a can of Dulux) and secondly the person trying to ride up the DH track knew he wasn't supposed to but couldn't be bothered by a little thing like the rules. A sign will not stop a person like that.

Has anyone thought of the fact that he was wearing W2W gear....rare bike....super vets cat in W2W...check the results of W2W and report him to TMNP....but then again the screaming of getting banned on the mountain may just be heard from here on the spruit....

Yep. But no proof of transgression etc. Plus how many super vets are there? And do they keep a log of bikes?

Rare bike ?

Only thing rare on that bike is the rider

It is a national park and if you actually bothered to read the thread you would discover that the signage has to be approved by Sanparks (and you can bet everything you own they are not letting anybody loose on the mountain with a brush and a can of Dulux) and secondly the person trying to ride up the DH track knew he wasn't supposed to but couldn't be bothered by a little thing like the rules. A sign will not stop a person like that.

Signs dont seem to work (or people cant read?)....here is my sign on a neighbouring property to the trails where MTB riders are not allowed to go (there is a fence) but I saw tyre tracks heading out there yesterday....so thanks to idiots like this we are probably going to end up losing more and more trails as time goes on....post-12678-0-20770500-1420268012_thumb.jpg

With that attitude, insults, name-calling etc it's not hard to see why the situation ended up in a shouting and swearing match. The paint on rocks thing was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, no need to get touchy.

With that attitude, insults, name-calling etc it's not hard to see why the situation ended up in a shouting and swearing match. The paint on rocks thing was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, no need to get touchy.

Go back and read the first few posts in the thread and then have a look at your posts, you come crashing in like a simple minded horse and you are surprised that you get a reaction?

maybe your post was tongue in cheek but I proposed that to the powers that be in 2004 and they were not against it all. The only issue was getting the appropriate sized rocks to the places where it is needed. The issue at the time was resources. FFWD 11yrs and the picture may be a little different if the topic is broached correctly.

In Canada some trails are marked with totem poles. In the UK some trails weremarked by the signage painted on rocks or carved out of the trunks of dead trees. Natural features were always used.

But then again, in those countries you're generally dealing with a person less selfish than you average saffa

Rare bike ?

haha yes rare in the fact that a methanol was being ridden up a hill and not being pushed over a pebble on a flat immaculate parking lot by a wanna be weekend warrior that thinks the egotism, elitist snobbery and arrogance that has given roadies such a bad name belongs in the bush.....

Guest DieBees

Malema captured by terrorist group this morning. They are called the moabi bar fighters.

Very sad indeed. Hopefully this diversion will hijack this thread.

Archived