Midmar Mile 2015

IceCreamMan

Any other hubbers going?

Aiming for a top 10 in the 41-50 age group.... but been neglecting the swim lately focusing on the bike ...so its touch an go whether I make a top 10.... we wait n see...always a great event though

I still want to do a Midmar but its too much of a trip for just a 20 min race!

Openwater swims are awesome, especially when they are in a dam.

swim slower , make it a 40 minute race..... but I hear you... it is a long way ....

Make it a weekend. Hit howick and Karkloof the same weekend.

i'm in, entered a couple of hours ago. Staying in the Midlands for the weekend, hopefully get a Karkloof ride in while I'm out there. This year's swim is for choc.

Doing my first this year, started swimming in December. It's going to be a tough challenge, but I'm looking forward to ticking it off the bucket list :D

I've done a few......it is too late now to get my head in the game and start training.  Maybe next year.  Still want to do a swim in under 30 min.  Easy in the pool, different story in a dam with waves and other swimmers.  Missed my goal by 90 seconds last time.

What time do you need to finish in the Top 10 for the 41-50 age group?

last year a 28 minute mile would of gotten you around 10th....  but it will vary based on the field and conditions.... I am aiming for a sub 26 minute mile this year...last year did a 25 minute mile in perfect conditions in the company event...did not do individual events last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Swam a stonking 25 minute mile, felt strong however did not make the top 10. Most competitive 41-50 ever in the history of midmar....  I would of gotten into top 10 of the 31-40 y/o age group and 51-60 age group but not the 41-50 that was incredibly competitive.

Great day out .... perfect conditions yesterday.

Good swim, I did 42mins also in the same age category, swam in event 3 on Saturday and yes great conditions, so was surprised to hear later that evening of the death of a swimmer out in the water at the same time.... sad to hear, RIP

Swam a stonking 25 minute mile, felt strong however did not make the top 10. Most competitive 41-50 ever in the history of midmar....  I would of gotten into top 10 of the 31-40 y/o age group and 51-60 age group but not the 41-50 that was incredibly competitive.

Great day out .... perfect conditions yesterday.

Oooh I sit right in the middle of the 31-40 category, might have to make a mission of it next year.

Good swim, I did 42mins also in the same age category, swam in event 3 on Saturday and yes great conditions, so was surprised to hear later that evening of the death of a swimmer out in the water at the same time.... sad to hear, RIP

Indeed RIP.... what a tragedy and after last years event I know the organisers went to extra lengths at all their events that they organize....

On the one hand its great that you have 15000 odd swimmers but on the other its difficult to keep track of everyone ....it becomes a bit busy in the lane.... by implementing any sort of checks an balances you will curb the number of entrants and I guess the organisers and the midlands economy would rather not do that

That's three years in a row now..this year there was an option to swim with a buoy..which apparently you didn't even notice..next year it will be compulsory

Archived