Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

I'm very dissapointed with Netflix SA though... Is showmax any better ? 

Yeah I use Tune In also... very handy site

Im still on the American Netflix. Much Much better...

Why don't you ditch Netflix Sa, And get an American Account.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went the same route.

No DSTV. Bought a Mede8r and have all my content on that. 3TB worth. More series and movies that I can watch.

Only thing I miss is sport. I am not a huge sports watcher but I always want to watch the major events. 

I had an old (but still capable) laptop lying around so i set that up with Kodi... Works like a charm...

At first I used my Galaxy S4 phone (i have an HDMI cable plug into the TV) 

Im still on the American Netflix. Much Much better...

Why don't you ditch Netflix Sa, And get an American Account.

With that you have to setup a VPN correct?

DStv looks to be in a spot of bother .....

The Only thing that still keeps me on DSTV is the Live Sport... But Im sommer lus to tell one of my friends to give me their DSTV now log in. I can then stream it from the Internet and ditch DSTV all together.. 

The Only thing that still keeps me on DSTV is the Live Sport... But Im sommer lus to tell one of my friends to give me their DSTV now log in. I can then stream it from the Internet and ditch DSTV all together.. 

I just log onto Supersport Website with my FB Account. And voila, I am watching SS channel-7, live sports etc..

I use Unlocator.

I use my PS3, PC running Unlocator.

I'm very dissapointed with Netflix SA though...

Why? I don't watch tv every day but when I feel like watching something, so far I've enjoyed the documentaries and when I'm after something fluffy I'll put on a romcom. I find there's more stuff on there that I've NOT seen rather than the constant - I've seen that.., I've seen that scenario I experienced with DSTV.

There is a Kodi addon that provides dstv sport, cant remember what its called though.

Unotelly is what I use, can switch to any netflix region with the phone app so you get access to *everything*

Why? I don't watch tv every day but when I feel like watching something, so far I've enjoyed the documentaries and when I'm after something fluffy I'll put on a romcom. I find there's more stuff on there that I've NOT seen rather than the constant - I've seen that.., I've seen that scenario I experienced with DSTV.

Ditto for me - ok so maybe not the romcom stuff but everything else you said :) If I watch an hour a night that is a lot. 

I just log onto Supersport Website with my FB Account. And voila, I am watching SS channel-7, live sports etc..

But did you watch the Barberton race :ph34r:

Excellent solution. But if it is sport you want at a lower cost than DSTV try NTV. I watch more cricket and wsbk and rugby that what I should realistically have time to do! Never mind all the other things like soccer and snooker and skiing Etc. Decent cycling as well.

What? With no Dstv Acc or any cost involved, just a Facebook login? What res is it 720p?

What? With no Dstv Acc or any cost involved, just a Facebook login? What res is it 720p?

Yip, no DSTV Acc or nothing. Im not sure about the resolutions. But my PC Screen is a 32" HD LED, and its streaming the rugby and all the other Supersport Channels perfectly, so I  guess its in 720p.

And I also thought it would give me an error message because I don't have a DSTV Account, but no prob. Watch all of the Currie Cup games last year as well as the World Cup and Cricket without any Hassles...