Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Psssst..... mobdro has all the DSTV sports channels ;)

Does mobdro still work using Kodi & a RPi? Been a long time since I last used it.

Does mobdro still work using Kodi & a RPi? Been a long time since I last used it.

Not sure as am on an android box. Not used a RPi for a few years

Not sure as am on an android box. Not used a RPi for a few years

Thanks - will try my mate, Google

Saw this yesterday ............. Like it !!!

Been there for about 2 weeks I think, first time I tried the channels they did not work, so suspect only the logo's were added whilst working on the links.

This week I have tested SS1 to SS5 and all working, yet to test the other SS channels.

I received a call from DStv (or was it Multichoice?) today asking me if I wanted to connect for a month at a reduced rate. In my rush to say “No thanks!”, I never got to ask how much. I also don’t have my decoder and smart card, that was destroyed with one of Jeremy Clarkson’s favorite tools... [emoji375]

I thought they would have at least tried to asked why, but the next words out the mouth were, “Thanks, have a good day.”

• 1 month later...

With the wife having to work from home our 20g lte telkom plan just wasn't going to cut it with all the microsoft teams meetings and such , so we decided to go for an uncapped fibre line with afrihost as fibre was available in our complex.

After googling a bit i realized we could use our PS3 to get netflix , amazon video , youtube and redbull tv. DSTV cancelled and there is more than enough for everyone to watch . Should have done this sooner. 

With the wife having to work from home our 20g lte telkom plan just wasn't going to cut it with all the microsoft teams meetings and such , so we decided to go for an uncapped fibre line with afrihost as fibre was available in our complex.

After googling a bit i realized we could use our PS3 to get netflix , amazon video , youtube and redbull tv. DSTV cancelled and there is more than enough for everyone to watch . Should have done this sooner.

Well done. Better late than never.

Also running Fibre and the PS3, stunning combination.

Little tip: you can cast YouTube videos from your phone to the YouTube app on the PS3. Then you can either use the PS3 remote or your phone to navigate, play, pause etc.

I don't miss DSTV.

• 1 month later...

Can somebody help me out please.

I want to cancel my subsription.

When I visted the local multichoice offices, there were probably 100 people in the row. That paired with the 1.5m social distance rule made me just keep driving past.

I tried to call the call centre. After holding on for 40min, I lost interest.

So I decided that the best option would be to cancel the debit order (debit order such a rookie mistake)

Stop the debit order and wait for them to contact me.

Tried on the banking app. There wasnt even an option to cancel it.

So off to the bank I go.

There I get told that I cant cancel the debit order. DSTV have to cancel from their side.

Ummmmm it is my bank account. How the hell can I have no say in a debit order that deducts from my account.

A tantrum and threats to close my bank account didnt help.

Does anybody know if this is true?

It just doesnt make sense to my free state brain.

Edited by Vetseun

Can somebody help me out please.

I want to cancel my subsription.

When I visted the local multichoice offices, there were probably 100 people in the row. That paired with the 1.5m social distance rule made me just keep driving past.

I tried to call the call centre. After holding on for 40min, I lost interest.

So I decided that the best option would be to cancel the debit order (debit order such a rookie mistake)

Stop the debit order and wait for them to contact me.

Tried on the banking app. There wasnt even an option to cancel it.

So off to the bank I go.

There I get told that I cant cancel the debit order. DSTV have to cancel from their side.

Ummmmm it is my bank account. How the hell can I have no say in a debit order that deducts from my account.

A tantrum and threats to close my bank account didnt help.

Does anybody know if this is true?

It just doesnt make sense to my free state brain.

Download the app and cancel it on there maybe?

Download the app and cancel it on there maybe?

Quickly had a look on our online DSTV.com profile, looks like you're able to "disconnect" your package, but I'm unsure about whether this is a cancellation of your package.

BxyFedG.png