Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Might end up saying hello dstv again for le tour. Watched highlight packages for the giro and a few live feeds in Italian... Not the same.

oH Fiddled with the pi, no win... I just can't when I get home ... Lazy

I have watched the tour for the last 2 years streaming from eurosport...not hd..but hey..I am ok with that

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might end up saying hello dstv again for le tour. Watched highlight packages for the giro and a few live feeds in Italian... Not the same.

oH Fiddled with the pi, no win... I just can't when I get home ... Lazy

Apple TV + Unotelly - end van prent...

Also, do you have any "non technical" family that still have DSTV Premium? If you do then ask them to let you link your ipad / Drifta / iphone / Android device to their account, costs them nothing anyway, then you can use the supersport app.

To the Raspberry Pi people... Can you set up the pi to be a torrent downloader, media player (to TV), and stream to devices on the network for video playing (like an ipad or so), or is that exceeding its capabilities?

I know it can do each of those, but don't know if it can all be done on one Pi.

To the Raspberry Pi people... Can you set up the pi to be a torrent downloader, media player (to TV), and stream to devices on the network for video playing (like an ipad or so), or is that exceeding its capabilities?

I know it can do each of those, but don't know if it can all be done on one Pi.

With a Pi 1, not a chance, you'd kill it in a hearbeat. With a Pi 2, yep pretty sure you could do that, by default it does SMB sharing and you get Kodi clients for iPad etc. So that's the easy part, for downloading I'd recommend Sonar and SABNZBD+, both of which are linux based and should run great on it, worst case it's R800 or so to try and the worst you will be able to get is a great media player. The part I love most about the Pi. If your TV supports CEC you can use your TV remote to control the PI. One remote for everything.

• 1 month later...

Is there any other program like Unlocker that I can use to unblock Netflix and Hulu etc.

Im currently using Unlocker, but its only for a 7day trial period? Then I have to pay.

Any suggestion?

Is there any other program like Unlocker that I can use to unblock Netflix and Hulu etc.

Im currently using Unlocker, but its only for a 7day trial period? Then I have to pay.

Any suggestion?

without paying....not really

Any suggestion?

unotelly is only $2.99 per month. its not a fortune

I know. Pretty cheap. Was just wondering if there weren't any free one out there.... :ph34r:

Edited by Lexx

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, haven't had a look through this whole thread. Not sure if this has been asked already, but how does Netflix work? and what are the other options?

I'm using my PS3 as a Media Server to stream Netflix and Hulu and much More. Just go to www.Unlocater.com. They will tell how to setup your pc or tv. I think i pay about $4 pm for the DNS.

Netflix for the newest Movies and Hulu for all my Series. Im def not missing DSTV!!

I'm using my PS3 as a Media Server to stream Netflix and Hulu and much More. Just go to www.Unlocater.com. They will tell how to setup your pc or tv. I think i pay about $4 pm for the DNS.

Netflix for the newest Movies and Hulu for all my Series. Im def not missing DSTV!!

Thanks, looks very tempting. Would I need an American credit card though? I see in this link, it mentions that an American credit card is required.

https://support.unlocator.com/customer/portal/articles/1154026-how-to-create-a-hulu-plus-account-without-an-american-credit-card

Yip, i used my CC, and it worked Perfectly. I just had to create a new username on my PS3, and give Any US Adress, (which i just googled). And now im watching Netflix and Hule and some American Footbal and Baseball. I mean, if im going to lie that i live in America, i might as well start watching their Sports ha ha ha :ph34r:  :eek:

I also Connected a LAN Cable to my Sony tv. And it gives me the Opera tv Channels. Not to bad,A couple of good outdoor sport streaming channels.

Edited by Lexx