Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wondered if anyone could help me solve my problem.  i've been trying to stream supersport from their app, but it gives me an error saying that its not available in your country?

i wondered if anyone could help me solve my problem.  i've been trying to stream supersport from their app, but it gives me an error saying that its not available in your country?

Im assuming you are using a DNS/proxy/VPN solution to stream from Netflix etc.

If you are then it would be showing your traffic as being generated from another country.

Most of those services have a bypass mode where you can flag certain things to just go through your normal connection.

Im assuming you are using a DNS/proxy/VPN solution to stream from Netflix etc.

If you are then it would be showing your traffic as being generated from another country.

Most of those services have a bypass mode where you can flag certain things to just go through your normal connection.

Bought a tv box, downloaded the app to that

i see the idiots at DSTV are "thinking about" indivudual channel selection. They will make mnet something like 400 bucks on its own..i bet you..because that will be more than enough for 70% of the people.

with ZEM installed on KODI now, I can pretty much watch any sport i want

i see the idiots at DSTV are "thinking about" indivudual channel selection. They will make mnet something like 400 bucks on its own..i bet you..because that will be more than enough for 70% of the people.

I thought I had cracked it with UKTVNow... I tuned into Sky Sports 2 on Saturday to watch the rugby and all was good. Then at 5pm, they cut the feed..... bugger....

So off I went to ZEM and hooked up a MamaHD feed  :thumbup:

Edit: With SA subsidising the rest of DSTV Africa with monthly subs, I don't think they are aiming the channel choice option at us.... 

Edited by Grebel

• 2 weeks later...

With this so called Black Friday BS now in full swing I was hoping the 4 of you could provide a quick summary of what is currently the best working solution for dedicated streaming from all the options discussed over the previous 52 pages.

I currently have 3 dedicated PC/Laptops that the family use linked via HDMI to TV screens using live browser based sites. We do download stuff and store it on a central server to playback, either through a media player or on smart TV.

It works but I get the feeling there is a better way.

Have unlimited 40Mbps access.

With this so called Black Friday BS now in full swing I was hoping the 4 of you could provide a quick summary of what is currently the best working solution for dedicated streaming from all the options discussed over the previous 52 pages.

I currently have 3 dedicated PC/Laptops that the family use linked via HDMI to TV screens using live browser based sites. We do download stuff and store it on a central server to playback, either through a media player or on smart TV.

get yourself a android box/kodi box/raspberry pi for the TV, frees up your PC/Laptop/ also less power hungry, use kodi with spekto fork installed for Movies/Series (you could use your PC/Laptops for kodi too)

use Sonarr to organize your downloaded library and automatically download new episodes.

and browse this forum

Stretch, which ZEM is that? I see there are a few. Cheers

Install Kodi on you laptop. Nothing else needed. Stream the series and movies via hdmi to the tvs. Sorted.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Install Kodi on you laptop. Nothing else needed. Stream the series and movies via hdmi to the tvs. Sorted.

I already have a browser to do that. Can't see the point of loading something else just to run it on the PC.

I already have a browser to do that. Can't see the point of loading something else just to run it on the PC.

Try it on one laptop. You can uninstall it if it's not suitable. When you say browser, are you going to these tv websites which have a whole lot of popups and undesirable ads.

With kodi all of that is circumvented.

With the Exodus Addon in kodi you stream series and movies. No need to download and look for hard drive space.

My kids have watched all current Disney series already. 2 years ahead of what dstv is showing

no brainer..stop downloading too..just stream

get yourself any android box. I use the following

Kindle Fire Stick

Kodi (Loaded with exodus...and many other like spekto, ZEM, ustvnow etc etc)

BBC iplayer, channel 4 and ITV hub (running through getflix)

Mobdro for sport

There is nothing that I cannot watch

I have 10Mbps unlimited and can watch HD

My suggestion would be installing Kodi on the laptop as already mentioned and play with it to see if you like it. If you do then I would go Android Set Top Box. This allows you to load Kodi as well as other Playstore apps and APK'S. This will free up your laptop.

It is also easier IMHO to access content through an add-on like Exodus, Phoenix or SALTS than to do it through a browser.

Pair your set top box with a wireless keyboard and your entertainment requirements are sorted. No more downloading either as it is mostly available on demand (I say mostly as you will find broken links and non available streams but we are talking about free services here)

Kodi, UKTVNow abd RedbullTV has ticked pretty much all my boxes. (Still need to have a look at Mobdro)

• 2 weeks later...

DSTV/Multichoice pretends to fight back with better content and fewer repeats.

http://www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/you-complained-about-dstv-repeats-and-they-answered-20161206

Interestingly DSTV has changed their online offering over the past 5 or 6 weeks, dropped Flash and moved to HTML5. The Desktop player has been canned so it is no longer possible to download shows and watch later. At work and play them at home?

But real issues with live sports streaming. It is impossible to watch an EPL game live without buffering or losing the feed completely when on now.dstv.com while watching on supersport.com is no longer an option. Most of the live feeds just do not load.

Oh, and I bought an Amazon Fire TV. I think that's what it's called. I look forward to plugging it in in a few weeks time and being able to see a bit more British drama as that's not on any of the streaming sites I use.