Serious Bike Jackings near rietvlei south of JHB

CHRISMAESTER

Check for the DOC.

I am riding with them. They are the biggest group in the area.

They are riding in the morning, and sunday, and cater for all skill levels.

E.G. tomorrow there is a 90km/70km and 35km.

The 90/70 are fast though,18km/h ave.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any group rides?

The DOC MB club ride every Saterday and Sunday from Rietvlei. And on Wednesday nights they have their night rides. Any M-Biker welcome. Nice group of +/- 30 riders at any time. Start around 06h00 on Saterdays and Sundays. Just pitch up, ask for Mark and enjoy.

Oh and BTW, I dunno what the race route will look like.

We rode it last weekend, MUD, MUD, MUD.

We thought this week would dry it up, but I live not far from there, and it's raining currently.

Wish this rain would give us a gap......

30 that's a big group, funny how I would have missed them.

No need to apologies. Just join them for like minded fun rides.

Doesn't this area belong to Rand Water Board. Perhaps their security patrols can keep a lookout for these shitheads. I have stopped riding here because of a few close shaves but I am not sure if it is the same lot. Fortunately there are some quad bikes and off-road bikes riding there as well which has been my saving grace a few times.

OK have confirmation from a credible source that there were incidents Saturday and today. All involved the panga boys up by the abandoned house area :(

That's good to know as it doesnt take out the whole area for riding. Also it looks like they are over-cooking things to the point that the police might even do something.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are two locations that are currently hot spots. 1st is klipriver and second wich I have mentioned is swartkoppies. Keep your eyes open for both.

I've ridden with the DOC guys several times, very organised and a great bunch of people. Look up DOC on Facebook too.....safety in numbers until these pricks can be weeded out!!!

I've ridden with the DOC guys several times, very organised and a great bunch of people. Look up DOC on Facebook too.....safety in numbers until these pricks can be weeded out!!!

What is the full Facebook group name. Searching for DOC finds many things

What is the full Facebook group name. Searching for DOC finds many things

you need to get on there emailing list. Will pm you

I only know of 1 recent incident up by the abandoned house ruin near the R59 ... where gave the others been?

Is this the one near the Engen?