Serious Bike Jackings near rietvlei south of JHB

CHRISMAESTER

Hi Hubbers

There have been a couple of bike jackings around the area within the last couple of weeks.

Please, don't ride alone, and report as soon as you see any suspicious activity in the area.

Looks like a panga gang......

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DieBees

It is more MTBers that get bike jacked than roadies.

Not sure if you all have noticed this.

Yeah, been riding alone there forever, but seems they wait in the trees for you armed with Pangas.

Should actually set them bastards up....

i'm in that's my turf...heard about one of D.O.C riders being held there. Eefing low life,oxygen thieving scum suckers.

Maak my so bliksems kwaad! Ah well back to road bike, Zoo farm and Thaba mtb from next week.

agreed ...unless doing morning rides from rietvlei in large groups.what a pisser you can't just go ride when you have spare time or feel like it ????

Well, I ride for the DOC. We all ride in groups, that is safe, but as for alone, I think we should just be weary. Another guy was jacked today, I don't know the details, just heard from the club.

I wana go into their home turf, and go cut their water supply or summin, makes me so mad. I mean, we don't bother anyone riding.

Jeez that's shocking to read. I'm blessed with numerous trails about 5km from my house all located on farms. So sad that we cant really enjoy our sport solo anymore.

I wana go into their home turf, and go cut their water supply or summin, makes me so mad. I mean, we don't bother anyone riding.

I was thinking something more .....????

Avoid swartkoppies from the turn to alrode/ mayberry Park through to Hennie Alberts. The scum are there in full force virtually every day.