Serious Bike Jackings near rietvlei south of JHB

CHRISMAESTER

It is sad to learn of this but good to know (guess) that no-one has lost a life yet. Riding in groups seems to be a good solution and the DOC guys and gals are a great bunch to ride with.

My advice for those in the area, ride the tracks at the Zoofarm or ride with DOC or other largeish groups on the outrides.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this from the current DOC newsletter:

Bike Hi-Jacking

Please don’t ride alone anymore until the vermin have been vacated from our turf, as you aware there have been two cyclists that have lost their bikes and valuables, then last night 2 cyclists from the Clowns took a short cut, while riding on the Tar road behind the Heineken last night were followed by 4 individuals in a white Golf, please look out for this vehicle and please be careful. They asked the cyclists on numerous occasions to stop, the cyclists realised that they were in trouble and headed off into the dirt. The golf turned around and drove up and down looking for them.

("The clowns" are our friends who ride from the circus).

It is sad to learn of this but good to know (guess) that no-one has lost a life yet. Riding in groups seems to be a good solution and the DOC guys and gals are a great bunch to ride with.

My advice for those in the area, ride the tracks at the Zoofarm or ride with DOC or other largeish groups on the outrides.

One guy was jacked in the Zoo Farm.

That's not good to hear.

I have noticed a couple of holes in the fence the other side of the river.

There was an incident a long time ago where they caught the guy with the bike after using some iPhone find me thing ........

Have not heard about the recent incident but am checking!

There was an incident a long time ago where they caught the guy with the bike after using some iPhone find me thing ........

Apparently similar thing this time. Guy got his stuff back as well after tracing his phone. Maybe the same incident but i dunno why it was mentioned the other day to Filppa and stretched.

That dude got eight years :clap:

any of u guys joining the doc ride tomorrow?

My brother and I want to do the meeting at the Lido at 06:15? Is that the one?

Apparently similar thing this time. Guy got his stuff back as well after tracing his phone. Maybe the same incident but i dunno why it was mentioned the other day to Filppa and stretched.

As far as I can find out from my sources that is the only one and no issues there for a long time.

I could be wrong but that is unlikely ;)

As far as I can find out from my sources that is the only one and no issues there for a long time.

I could be wrong but that is unlikely ;)

yeah like I said it was mentioned to those 2 last weekend when they rode there so who knows... would really problematic if that returned.

My brother and I want to do the meeting at the Lido at 06:15? Is that the one?

that the one, gone cycle from aspen to the lido. see u there.

gonna be on the lynskey I take it?

Archived