Serious Bike Jackings near rietvlei south of JHB

CHRISMAESTER

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently there are 2 guys, they use the abandoned house to hide out. There have been 2 incidents.

Ampandy, I've not heard of any incidents along Swartkoppies, do you have any details? Rode there this am, not nice riding and thinking the worst of every person along the road.

@ stretched@birth yes a buddy of mine got taken there. Three guys in probably early 20's with knives. Jumped him at the intersection just after the engen garage. This happened on the 7th December at approximately 05h15.

These threads are always enlightening, people say 'I've had enough, kill them, be safe, be aware etc. The reality is that these are violent criminals that don't care about whether you live or die. The only way to deal with an attacker armed with a panga is 1.) To carry a self defence firearm. A lot of people don't know the law. Its quite simple, if someone is threatening your life, you can shoot them.

You quite correct tseries, a dead man don't talk.

Its not about talking. We are covered by the law to protect ourselves in life threatening situations. It fascinates me that people often respond to stories of violent attacks with 'be safe' etc instead of taking steps to protect themselves. Any citizen of sound mind that has a competency certificate can apply for a firearm. It even says 'self defence' in the act. I am not advocating violence per say I am just stating that the law is there and people can use it.

If the cops won't go there (Brackendowns SAPS is not even 1km from there, they should receive some of the said KFC too for doing zilch about the problem), what's to stop a lynch mob with guns, bigger panga's. pitchforks, bats, scalpels, lemon juice, vinegar, surgical spirits, blow torches, petrol, used tyres, matches, refuse bags, hacksaws, spades and picks from going to the houses and conducting some interviews...?