Team MTN-Qhubeka receive wild card to 2015 Tour de France

leaboy

Very close, I guess, to the 9 that completed the Vuelta.

Go, Mine-Cheeze!!!,

I would guess it would be close to this barring injuries

J Thompson

L Meintjies

N Berhane

M Kudus

R V Rensburg

E Boason Hagen

S Cummings

T Bos

T Farrar

Lets see how far I am off.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! Don't forget about:

Youcef Reguigui, Kristian Sbaragli, Andreas Stauff, Johann van Zyl and off cause Jaco Venter!

Im sooooooo proud of the guys !!!

Next thing well get int the pro Tour then we can sign up some big names (GC riders).

Whats your opinion on this... you think well get there eventually???

Go Boys !!!  :thumbup:

Edited by Rider3000

Im sooooooo proud of the guys !!!

Next thing well get int the pro Tour then we can sign up some big names (GC riders).

Whats your opinion on this... you think well get there eventually???

Go Boys !!!  :thumbup:

MTN-Qhubeka get TDF entry
2015-01-14 12:46

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/2354/086dbdb077ef458ca661d31c3f7ea949.jpg
TDF logo (File)

Paris - An African team will take part for the first time in the Tour de France when it starts in Utrecht next July, organisers announced on  Wednesday.

The team will be the MTN-Qhubeka outfit from South Africa.

In all 22 teams, each with nine cyclists, will compete in the 102nd edition of one of the most gruelling events in world sport.

"Their participation in the tour will help accelerate the progression of African cycling," said the tour's director Christian Prudhomme.

One of five wildcard teams chosen to race in next year's tour, MTN-Qhubeka already have experience of top level international cycling having competed in last year's Tour of Spain.

They have several promising young African cyclists in their line-up and recently reinforced their ranks by signing up Norwegian sprinter Edvald Boasson Hagen, one of the top names in the successful Sky team.

Another sprinter in the ranks is the 2011 Milan-SanRemo winner Matt Goss of Australia while others to join the team are Dutchman Theo Bos and American Tyler Farrar.

"The opening up to the world (of the tour) continues," Prudhomme said, pointing out that one of the favourite's for next year's race will be Nairo Quintana of Colombia.

Teams for 2015 Tour de France

AG2R-La Mondiale, Astana, BMC Racing, Etixx-QuickStep, FDJ, IAM Cycling, Lampre-Merida, Lotto-Soudal, Movistar, Orica-GreenEdge, Cannondale-Garmin, Giant Alpecin, Katusha, Team LottoNL-Jumbo, Team Sky, Tinkoff-Saxo, Trek Factory Racing, MTN-Qhubeka, Bora-Argon 18, Cofidis, Europcar and Bretagne-Séché Environnement

Congratulations to MTN-Qhubeka !

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/road/international-road/team-mtn-qhubeka-receive-wild-card-to-2015-tour-de-france-r1906 

I would guess it would be close to this barring injuries

J Thompson

L Meintjies

N Berhane

M Kudus

R V Rensburg

E Boason Hagen

S Cummings

T Bos

T Farrar

Lets see how far I am off.

Looks good looks good

Looks good looks good

An SA team in the tour is always a good team !!!

Hope they can pull a stage win on the flats ! Or maybe let Louis break away on those hilly ones in week 2 that no GC guy wants to chase. 

Awesome news and I dig the kit. Can someone explain to a total road novice what our chances are of featuring in any way? Could the guys punch above their weight like Team Shosholoza did or try take a stage or is it more about exposure for the 60% guys.

Ask Robbie Hunter or Daryl Impey