False Advertisement

jarred@tysoneng.co.za

I did the same thing. No ambiguity in the ad. Almost seems the OP bought it faster than he read the ad...

Possible scenario at OP's home:

Wife: Lovie, where did that bike come from?

OP: Err, was a present from a friend in Gauteng

Wife: Nice. Who?

OP: Boo hoo, I lied Lovie. I borrowed money and bought it cos I WANT IT.

Wife: Well, send it back and get your money back. We can's afford to repay a loan!

OP: [quickly places ad on the Hub and follows up with this thread]

But this is probably just my over-active imagination.

:devil:

Bwahahaha quote of the thread. Thats so funny.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys its clear Tinus admitted to me last that he made a mistake when he put the advert up. He said he just looked at the invoice from the bike shop and didnt look at the frame then looked at the website and had seen that the meduim was a 50 cm. And thats what he put on his advert. Clearly it was wrong. Bike is a M/L.

Guys its clear Tinus admitted to me last that he made a mistake when he put the advert up. He said he just looked at the invoice from the bike shop and didnt look at the frame then looked at the website and had seen that the meduim was a 50 cm. And thats what he put on his advert. Clearly it was wrong. Bike is a M/L.

But that is not what his advert is saying? It clearly states ML and 54....so are you saying that he altered it after talking to you?

Edited by Smimby

Clearly as he advertised it as a 50 cm medium. He admitted to this.

Where did he advertise it like that? His add is up since the 5th as a ML 54

Edit

He might have measured it like that when you asked him, but where did he advertise it like that?

Edited by Smimby

Guest DieBees

Sorry my bud. You have been proven wrong.

We all make mistakes. Some are R5 and other are over R20k

if I bike has compact geometry that seat tube length should have nothing to do with the frame size.

The last time set tube length had any reference to fit was when when steel bikes had their seat tube measured centre-to-centre.

Then frames like cannondale had fat alloy tubes and the overall length then increased as there was a lot more seat tube after the centre point of the seat tube and top tube.

Then 'compact geometry' f'ed it up even more......

I have a mate who bought a brand bike new off the internet.

Thought he was getting a 29er...was 26 when it arrived.

Thing is he is meticulous about stuff, just saw BARGAIN BARGAIN BARGAIN and stopped thinking. good thing he found it really funny once he got over the shock, sent round a mail hey doesn't this LOOK like a 29er(must have been an XS 26 in photo)

never ever hand over money until you see the goods.............end of story.

let this be an expensive lesson.

Last month I didn't buy a R6500 bike that was in CT cause i couldn't see it. I am In JHB. It was worth R12000. 

I was considering Flying down to CT, Checking the bike and Paying Cash and Flying Back with the bike was Right?

Need to find out from admin if an ad indicates if it has been edited.

Maybe ad was edited.

Our records show the advert was edited yesterday at approx. 9pm. Unfortunately I can't say what was updated or changed as this isn't tracked, just the last update time. 

However, Google Cache confirms the sizing as per what the OP is saying (as at 5 Jan 2015).

Giant TCR Advanced 0 2012 As New  Done 100 Km   Road Bikes   Classifieds   thehubsa.co.za.jpeg

Thanks Admin, and appoligies to the OP..... :eek:

To the seller, now that it UNCOOL, why go and edit the add after you have SOLD the bike? PAY BACK the money

Edited by Smimby