Bike Storage

Wayne Potgieter

Well this is mine.

attachicon.gifpost-40232-0-00465700-1407596638.jpg

Bur Holdfast do a 4 bike version of this:

http://holdfast.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/HF2087-300x132.jpg

And two friends have to of the 4 bike ones each and they work great, just rather raw-bolt them into the wall.

Like getting the bike rack off the floor as this takes up a fair bit of valuable space.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How far from the wall does the rack need to be for your TT machine? is 300mm enough?

Eish, Thought you were referring to the Holfast racks, stupid Tapatalk didn't show me the pic of my home made racks.

If I remember correctly 25cm I think. that's running a 44cm bar.

Oh PS: it's a road bike!!! :lol:  

• 8 months later...

Cleaned out the spare(bike) room so I catch up on some work while on holiday the next few weeks as the desk was inaccessible with the bikes on the floor.

Finally have a solution that works. If the OH's Scott comes home we're screwed though - will need a bigger house.

post-44041-0-06001500-1450032595_thumb.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

post-5386-1464718411,7259.jpgpost-5386-1464718427,9047.jpgpost-5386-1464718444,8484.jpgpost-5386-1464718457,0868.jpgpost-5386-1464718470,0239.jpg

The house we bought last year has an enclosed stoep next to the main bedroom, my wife thought that it could make a nice space for her to play her cello, I like it better as a bike room.

• 6 months later...

Looking at a bike storage solution for a family of bikes (mine and the wifi and kid), will be in the garage and was thinking of hanging it by the front / back wheels, but thinking of letting it hang at an angle vs 90degrees with the wall.

http://s3-production.bobvila.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/off-the-rack.jpg

Any one had issues with this approach, or other suggestions...

Looking at a bike storage solution for a family of bikes (mine and the wifi and kid), will be in the garage and was thinking of hanging it by the front / back wheels, but thinking of letting it hang at an angle vs 90degrees with the wall.

http://s3-production.bobvila.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/off-the-rack.jpg

Any one had issues with this approach, or other suggestions...

Just to check its three people, You, your WIFE and the kid. Or do you count your router as a family member who deserves a bike :P

I was going to suggest parking the car outside, selling dispose what ever as theres more room there that I see...lol

But thinking of the larger problem I come back to what I always say..... a garage is no place for my bike !!! I have it nicely placed in her "own room" in the house ... :whistling:  I cant see my baby sleep in a garage...the garage is full of Millipedes, dust, spiders and is to cold....

Just to check its three people, You, your WIFE and the kid. Or do you count your router as a family member who deserves a bike :P

hehe, correct, but taking the point forward, does it mean for the router I need an e-bike  :whistling:

I was going to suggest parking the car outside, selling dispose what ever as theres more room there that I see...lol

But thinking of the larger problem I come back to what I always say..... a garage is no place for my bike !!! I have it nicely placed in her "own room" in the house ... :whistling:  I cant see my baby sleep in a garage...the garage is full of Millipedes, dust, spiders and is to cold....

Already dreaming / planning a building project to create a bike cave behind the garage

My wife decided to make the toddlers room/bike room a bike themed room. So my bikes are actually adding to the ambiance of the room and theme :D

My wife decided to make the toddlers room/bike room a bike themed room. So my bikes are actually adding to the ambiance of the room and theme :D

win win

Archived