Sick of road bike and punctures!!!

Hendrik vd Walt

Started road biking a bit more and I am soooooo sick of punctures!!!! What tyres do u guys use that are reasonably priced, gives good mileage and is puncture resistant and not too heavy?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started road biking a bit more and I am soooooo sick of punctures!!!! What tyres do u guys use that are reasonably priced, gives good mileage and is puncture resistant and not too heavy?

Look at the maxis refuse ,very good reviews.

Only had one puncture in 4 years of cycling.  Have been running Kenda and Gatorskins with Kenda inners.

The secret is to keep your pressures high enough.  I pump the tyres before every ride to between 8.5 and 10 bar, depending on the weather.

Only issue I have with Gatorskins is that I find that their rolling resistance is quite high, but if you want to go with tough tyres, they be that.

+ 1 on Conti's and correct pressure. Take care at intersections and when crossing or turning right at large intersections. There is often a lot of fine debris including small fragments of metal and glass lying about which catches in the tyre and is then pushed through as the tyre rolls over.

I hardly ever puncture but hit a pothole with a set of Ultemo's which caused a bubbly to appear. Doubt the Conti's would have done the same thing but granted the weight difference between the tyres is chalk and cheese.

Guest DieBees

All I can say is GATORSKINS! My front ture has done more than 5000km. No jokes. It looks bad but not one puncture in the current condition. Also check your rimtape!

Edited by DieBees