I'm closing my Hub Account

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally if I was pulled into a raw deal here on the Hub I would open a thread about the people. It is supposed to make people think twice of using this platform to sell crap to people that come here for "expertise" or fellow cyclist help. If you have a crappy bike and dont want to hear from the people again, use GUMTREE. 

Those are facts that not everyone posting here knows, yet everyone is putting flames to their spears and readying the stakes. How many people posting have heard the recordings personally?

More importantly is any of that appropriate for this site and putting out into the public domain or does that shut down any intention the other party has to do the right thing and man up to the situation? What is the desired result? To fix the situation or burn the guilty party to the ground and by public conviction ruin every aspect of their lives?

They could of avoided that in October 

Damn! Missed this

The conclusion, you're faster than me in the Argurst and down the ST. I'm a bad person you're a great person...

Did i get it right?

They could of avoided that in October 

Indeed and for whatever reason they chose not to at the time. Perhaps with a little pressure from constructive participation here, they may have felt more inclined to be obliging and find a solution. What are the chances of that now???

Which brings me back to my point? What is the desired outcome? If the community is not trying to resolve properly but merely looking to vehemently tarnish someone, then who really wants to invest the time we all are doing here?

seems like a case for Dr Phil. Seriously this is social media; it is open to all for opinions / comment. If you do not like, do not take part, but it you take part you cannot control where it goes after that.

Personally if I was pulled into a raw deal here on the Hub I would open a thread about the people. It is supposed to make people think twice of using this platform to sell crap to people that come here for "expertise" or fellow cyclist help. If you have a crappy bike and dont want to hear from the people again, use GUMTREE. 

Exactly, in the past mates have said that they looking for a bike. I immediately tell them that they should stay away from Gumtree and go to thehubsa because it's a forum for cyclists and makes it a lot better for purchasing a second hand bike as you are less likely to get scammed.However this is no longer true 

Absolutely. The publishing of the Strava & FB accounts was inexcusable. As were the not so veiled threats. 

Hi El, 

this is quite interesting. I feel that the publishing of a public account is not a problem. It is a public account, so anybody can go and check it out. If I do not want peeps to see my info I can change my privacy settings or delete my account.

The threats were not cool, but I truly believe there was no real intention in those. What are your thoughts on the public account thing?

I think I should delete my strava account, the amount of training these last few months, nobody on here will take me seriously.   :whistling:

Indeed and for whatever reason they chose not to at the time. Perhaps with a little pressure from constructive participation here, they may have felt more inclined to be obliging and find a solution. What are the chances of that now???

Which brings me back to my point? What is the desired outcome? If the community is not trying to resolve properly but merely looking to vehemently tarnish someone, then who really wants to invest the time we all are doing here?

I speak on behalf of Wil6 here but I think the desired outcome would be that this never happens to another hubber again 

Edited by fabes

Hi El, 

this is quite interesting. I feel that the publishing of a public account is not a problem. It is a public account, so anybody can go and check it out. If I do not want peeps to see my info I can change my privacy settings or delete my account.

The threats were not cool, but I truly believe there was no real intention in those. What are your thoughts on the public account thing?

I think I should delete my strava account, the amount of training these last few months, nobody on here will take me seriously.   :whistling:

but you get to ask the question of what was the intention of publishing a public account onto a forum where threats are being made ?

I speak on behalf of Wil6 here but I think the desired outcome would be that this never happens to another hubber again 

I think that goal was quickly achieved.

BUT, what would you suggest to someone wanting to buy a bike from an advert to prevent this type of thing from happening again.

seems like a case for Dr Phil. Seriously this is social media; it is open to all for opinions / comment. If you do not like, do not take part, but it you take part you cannot control where it goes after that.

Social media does not exempt the media owner from libel action

Hi El, 

Quite simply because it's wrong, in the scope of the thread that they were being published in.

Same thing happened to me when someone misunderstood a comment I made about 3 or 4 years ago here, and WHAM - my professional and private Facebook pages were shared in one of the responses, and I got attacked both here and via facebook - something that can be exceedingly damaging to both a person's professional and personal lives.

In my case, the misunderstanding was taken completely out of context, and the perpetrator was proven wrong multiple times - but the damage was done. I wasn't threatened with intervention on my rides, or had my strava routes checked for places where an "accident would happen" - but in the same vein, it is extremely damaging. 

So - given the tone of the thread they were shared on (calling for her head etc) it was IMO wrong for those details to be posted.