I'm closing my Hub Account

Guest Omega Man

I think it has been different, it was the exception, look at the latest topics, almost every second thread is someone taking offence to someone else, the animosity, arrogance and aggressiveness has expand exponentially of late.

The owners of this site closing a thread after a conversation with a third party, and then disallowing a response is unacceptable, that there is a reason to leave here.....

Mate, ask Tumbleweed, Spidey or some of the other old time hubbers.  Been here, done this.  And the funny part, if you meet the antagonist in person they are usually as "mak as 'n lammetjie".  But hey, you get life, real life, imaginary life and Life according to The Hub.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would this be a good time to say "cry me a river"

don't take anything written on here to serious most of the guys here are actually good people, Just on Tuesday i was offered a stick to poke my eye's out! do you think I'm worried?

Swiss I don't know if you are baiting me into agreeing with your post but I fully agree with you 

Not at all, I would never hold it against you :thumbup:

I even agree with a lot of your posts here today as well.

Agreed, I am on the same page, that thread should have been shut ages ago, it appears that it could be in fact proved who was in the wrong, but alas, we are denied, by p1ss poor moderation and cowardness...

well it did get ewep and Mackie posting again .... :whistling:

would this be a good time to say "cry me a river"

don't take anything written on here to serious most of the guys here are actually good people, Just on Tuesday i was offered a stick to poke my eye's out! do you think I'm worried?

Fully agreed.  Some guys just get very very personal.  And go to extraordinary lengths to be vindictive.  "The law according to xxxxx.  Bow down mere mortal"

well it did get ewep and Mackie posting again .... :whistling:

TRUE!!!!  And so it will continue.  As per most forums on the net where guys can hide behind a keyboard and take out the days frustration on others.  But hey, being back is cool.  Time away means I got older and learnt to ignore brommers and people.

Unfortunately for Wil6 Matt is now going to hide behind the few hubbers who did threaten LK and justice won't be served here.

Matt don't forget the issue is about the bicycle and its condition and the 24k paid for it and not about the few threats Lisa received 

.... have ..... to ..... work .........

Fhogetaboutit

Not gonna happen today. So far I have done just about nothing today....

( another reason to be anonymous on the internet)

Unfortunately for Wil6 Matt is now going to hide behind the few hubbers who did threaten LK and justice won't be served here.

Matt don't forget the issue is about the bicycle and its condition and the 24k paid for it and not about the few threats Lisa received 

The issue is also about the behaviour of the community. That is why the thread is closed and will likely not be opened for further participation. Most of the members posting in that thread are grown ups, but you wouldn't say so from the tone and content of their interaction. Don't see why most people here can't self moderate or the community can keep it together without one of the moderators having to shut the topics down before they have been concluded.

(On this note I will add that there are many topics which have evolved through the crazy stage and just reach meaningful interaction in the build up to a conclusion only to be robbed of that by being locked down!)