Way to protect your bike after a hi jacking...

Cois

Guys and girls

I have been thinking about this for some time now. 

You now days get a stun gun that looks like a lip stick kind of thing.

To the engineering folks out there.  How would one build that into a seatpost with a way to deliver a hell of a sock (enough to kill the bloody bastard) if the bike gets stolen.  Lets say build a proximity thing into the device.  So you keep the one sensor in your pocket and if the bike gets about 100meters from you, makes an alarm and 10 seconds later shocks the poo out of you.

I know it is a huge fantasy, but can it be done?  If you are an inventor please use the idea and create something for us.  Crime is running rampant and the govt is only flaming the crime in the country at the moment.

(and okay, the guy does not have to be killed, but if you can take his reproduction system out, it will be great)

Guys and girls

I have been thinking about this for some time now. 

You now days get a stun gun that looks like a lip stick kind of thing.

To the engineering folks out there.  How would one build that into a seatpost with a way to deliver a hell of a sock (enough to kill the bloody bastard) if the bike gets stolen.  Lets say build a proximity thing into the device.  So you keep the one sensor in your pocket and if the bike gets about 100meters from you, makes an alarm and 10 seconds later shocks the poo out of you.

I know it is a huge fantasy, but can it be done?  If you are an inventor please use the idea and create something for us.  Crime is running rampant and the govt is only flaming the crime in the country at the moment.

(and okay, the guy does not have to be killed, but if you can take his reproduction system out, it will be great)

Lets say you leave the sensor in the car...

Lets say you leave the sensor in the car...

Reason for the alarm.  Okay, there might be a few problems with the idea.  But come on.  We must start doing something.  Things can't continue like this anymore.  I am sick and tired of living in fear most of the time.

The problem with such a device would be that it is not aimed at preventing the crime, rather dishing out punishment after the crime - would not go down well in a court of law.

Creating such a device wouldn't be problem, you will get kickback from the law experts

It also would not take long for criminals to catch on to this and then search you for the device so they can take it as well...

The most realistic security is still unfortunately just a tracker in your seat tube or something. What would be great is if the bike insurance companies included them (same as in some car insurance), seeing that I've heard bike insurance payout criteria is becoming crappier and crappier.

I was shocked to read that insurers basically want proof of near death before honouring their payout plan.

(That said: I'm pro the idea of shocking balls off) 

So better to fit an IED.  Just make sure to make it big enough that it blows the MFSOB to bits.

Archived