The Hub's Forums - The way forward

Matt

Call me a gatkruiper or whatever but - I think The Hub is probably one of few online forums where moderators constantly get attacked and insulted by community members who think they own the place...this sense of entitlement should be the first thing to go

This said, I think there should be one non-negotiable all encompassing rule:

The moderators shall be treated with the neccesary respect and their word and discretion is law...if you don't like it, leave; and if you don't agree, keep it to yourself. 

Edited by Karooryder

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect, if the previous set of rules were enforced equally, constantly and without favour, this would not be required, be that as it may, I may come back more often if this place get rid of it's bullies, trolls and Mafioso.

Sadly, rules & regulations don't fix idiocy. But they might get some Hubbers to think a little before hitting the post key....lets hope anyway.

I have one suggestion, maybe just a request .

When we choose to ignore or block another member do it in such a way that they are totally nonexistent whereas one can't see their profile, or the fact that they have posted .

how about common sense, many a time have hubbers fished out a rat, without the robust interchanges we will be losing some of what makes this place what it is.

let you morality guide you, its not hard to spot the fakes..not to keen on to many rules as it would make this place a nanny state. 

just my 2c

Personally, I think that the amount of good threads out-weight the amount of bad threads on the Hub, it's just that the bad one's are more popular and get most of the attention... just like everything else in the world.

Some Hubber's like to participate in the dramatic threads but I think most Hubbers are here to talk about cycling. 9/10 times, the threads that go bad are the 'Rant' threads. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy reading the dramatic thread's, but that's it. I think when two parties are involved in a dispute, they should discuss it amongst themselves and sort it out, no need for everyone else to give their 2 cents.

Maybe an idea is that for the Ranting threads, that only the two parties involved should be allowed to comment, and that any thread's that are created to criticise another rant thread should be deleted and the creator of the thread should be given a warning.

When we choose to ignore or block another member do it in such a way that they are totally nonexistent whereas one can't see their profile, or the fact that they have posted .

This is a good idea. Including posts where others quote them.

With respect, if the previous set of rules were enforced equally, constantly and without favour, this would not be required, be that as it may, I may come back more often if this place get rid of it's bullies, trolls and Mafioso.

Absolutely, and this effort is more about enforcement and consistent application than any new rules.

Absolutely, and this effort is more about enforcement and consistent application than any new rules.

Didn't you say we were getting more moderators? Did that happen or did I miss something?

Guest The Bushpig

No good Wyatt; I know where You work...... :D

Good suggestion btw.

Could you please add a unlike button? If you reach to many unlikes, your comment gets hidden and you lose reputation points.

Works quite well on PB and Sky. That way we do not have to scroll through facetious comments that most of us would prefer to skip anyway...

Thanks!

After nearly 10years on the hub I have seen people come and go (and some come back) and having my own hissy fit and leaving for a while I am at the as the youf say 'whateva' stage.

I doubt the proposed changes will make any major change to my enjoyment of the hub from a cycling point of view or my behaviour here (perhaps some may differ on that though)

Like others I do enjoy the banter to a certain extent as much as the next guy though :)