Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

I am also looking for two, but like any other race,  I know closer to the event, there will be lots  up for grabs,playing the waiting game..... 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also looking for two, but like any other race,  I know closer to the event, there will be lots  up for grabs,playing the waiting game..... 

Then the next trick is to try and find a place to stay!!!

In 2004 I started in the lead bunch. Nothing special, it was so small the whole race started with me. Nice to see how it has grown, just shows how popular a mountain bike race is without all that silly singletrack stuff to spoil day.

Crazy how fast events sell out these days! The numbers in this sport are exploding!

What's so lekker is that when there's a race on you can go to another trail in your area and have the entire place to yourself. :whistling:

Will be my first K2C. Does anyone have a training plan I can follow? 

What is your objectives? To race or just to finish comfortably?

yes ride your road bike a lot

Finish comfortably.

then you dont need anything special program. just do a couple of 2 hours rides during the week & long rides on the weekend 4-5 hour'ish on a saturday or sunday with some hills, long hills.

then you dont need anything special program. just do a couple of 2 hours rides during the week & long rides on the weekend 4-5 hour'ish on a saturday or sunday with some hills, long hills.

What he said, fittrack has some training programs which they will release closer to the time.

But just make sure you ride some long hills repeatedly

This is like our very own Paris Roubaix. It's a hard man's race.  There is no place to rest from the start till you hit the tar in Knysna after the portage at the culvert.  Even the 14km downhill is difficult as you go so fast you can't stop concentrating for a second.

Do the longest hills you can find in your hood, then do them again. Preferably on you road bike. And don't waste time riding any of that silly single track stuff, it wont help you come end September. If you are fit and can do a 100km ride you'll have a huge amount of fun of this race.

See you first timers there (it's mine as well), aiming for a sub 3day, buttttt will be happy with a sub one day... ;)

Ja jou snake...jy moet omkyk..heheehe

Finish comfortably.

oh & practice walking in your mtb shoes for about 1-2 km's pushing your mtb, this is for the "traditional unwritten backmarker portage section" a.k.a. Ou Wa Pad, that's if you get a seeding other than A (first batch) I'm being very serious here ask anyone you know that has started lower than A.

oh & practice walking in your mtb shoes for about 1-2 km's pushing your mtb, this is for the "traditional unwritten backmarker portage section" a.k.a. Ou Wa Pad, that's if you get a seeding other than A (first batch) I'm being very serious here ask anyone you know that has started lower than A.

So if i dont start in the A batch im have to get of my bike and push it at the Ou Wa Pad? No matter how fit or syrong you ride?

Archived