2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

Hi guys,

Is it just me, or is the hype around W2W somewhat subdued this year...? There doesn't seem to be the usual buzz & discussions & news letters ect flying around. Maybe I'm just not paying attention, though...

Anyway, question for logistical reasons: Does anyone know what the registration pack will include? I've heard previously that one year is tops, the next its bags. Seeing as we got tops last year, are we getting a bag this year? (Just so I know how to plan for packing ect)

Thanks in advance for the info and/or banter that is to follow.

Looking forward to some good weather this year!

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The newsletter says:Riders will receive an fantastic FNB W2W MTB DHL T-shirt at registration.
Fantastic Yellow shirt prolly.

I can't even.

So much excite.

*btw that's a straight copy - yes - an fantastic T-shirt

Edited by nox1111

Saw on the website that there is an event merch shop at Oakvalley . Can that be confirmed ? Would like to buy one of those jackets as per website .

Saw on the website that there is an event merch shop at Oakvalley . Can that be confirmed ? Would like to buy one of those jackets as per website .

Confirmed.

The newsletter says:Riders will receive an fantastic FNB W2W MTB DHL T-shirt at registration.

I can't even.

So much excite.

spoke to the lady who does the registration and she said we get a bag.

I am amped .... our team can qualify for the following:

Whale Category:
We are introducing the Whale Category this year for teams heavier than 180kg. Healthy whale teams meeting / exceeding the threshold can weigh in at Registration.

I can't even.

So much excite.

Lol Can't wait! I look great in yellow! Not like a gooseberry at all! *Sarcasm = switched to over-drive* Haha

Whale Category:

We are introducing the Whale Category this year for teams heavier than 180kg. Healthy whale teams meeting / exceeding the threshold can weigh in at Registration.

My team hit that target with some healthy change!!

Lol Can't wait! I look great in yellow! Not like a gooseberry at all! *Sarcasm = switched to over-drive* Haha

That's how the stormers dancers must feel...

Well if yellow DHL t shirts are good enough for Schalk Burger and Duane Vermeulen, who am I to criticize...

No cycling shirt this year? Pity, I thought that they got way more mileage out of last year's cycling shirts than the jackets or bags from previous years.

Whale Category:

We may just make it - I'll have to check with my teammate.

Yes - 50 bucks per day if I remember correctly.

They got it wrong 3/3 times for me last year.

Couldn't clean the bike properly, always ended up doing it myself after they tried. 

Yes - 50 bucks per day if I remember correctly.

Correction

• Squirt lube/ Talisman Hire will offer a free complete bike wash and lube service for the full duration of the 2015 Wines2Wales. It will be the first time that this complete service is offered absolutely free;