2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

Julle moet die race geniet! Ons ry die naweek, so jy kan enige tyd op whats app vra as jy nuuskierig is. Kan jou laat weet hoe die trails lyk as dit nat was, ens.

Kwaai, sal so maak.

Geniet dit en hoop Sondag word nie weg gereen nie.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been checking out three different weather sites, all 3 indicate different weather for the 3 days

Thus far I believe Friday is relatively no rain and Saturday as well. However, it appears if Hermanus will be wet.

Nothing a prayer can't help with.

Cannot wait for tomorrow - first time for me

Well, regardless of what the weather does you'll have a great time. We had some serious rain at last year's Ride, but it didn't affect the enjoyment in the least (apart from leaving the race village somewhat muddy...).

Most of the bridges have chicken mesh covering them, but if its wet you need to be careful of the wooden ones with no chicken mesh as they get a slippery as hell! My wheels went clean out from under me in the blink of an eye last year. I hit that bridge like a ton of s@*t before I could even figure out what was happening. Was weird... was still cycling along, next thing I was on the bridge on my side, with my bike nowhere (it slipped off the side & luckily got caught up in the bushes over the water). I only realized what happened when the pain from my hip (having broken two wooden slats of the bridge) came through. After feeling sorry for myself for a couple of moments, I eventually got back on my bike. My partner welcomed me back on my bike with: "Don't forget your lipstick you dropped, princess." Haha. Good memories... Can't wait to piss in his camelback this year...

I have an entry up for grabs for the race next weekend 6-8 Nov.

It includes luxury tented accommodation.

Paid R15000, sell for R12000.

Sms me 083 294 8667

I'm riding this weekend. This is someone else's entry for next weekend.

I'm very happy for the luxury accommodation option especially with rain predicted :)

I know, right!! Which is why I had to say something about it to him here.

He only asked me to shave because he has no been hare......moffie haha

It's not that bad..... SAID NOBODY EVER. We are lucky it looks a bit cooler this year.

at least we only have to carry up a 10kg bike and not a whole ox wagon like our predecessors did

at least we only have to carry up a 10kg bike and not a whole ox wagon like our predecessors did

my trail bike weighs in a little more than 10kg's :P

my trail bike weighs in a little more than 10kg's :P

So does mine, and then I have a few extra kg's around the midrif also. :blush: