2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

Look I wouldn't spend too much time denigrating anyone who says critises the best stage held on the best trail network in SA. Probably going to be hard to please anyway so moving along,..... anyone can say anything they like as long as they believe its true. that's what opinions are about.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes generally the catered food was great.

The spur burgers were mostly Crap though.

Still the best event going. Will participate every year if possible

I on the other hand looked so forward to that burger afterwards, with loads of sauce on the chips :)

Wildekrans opened their trails to the public today. Braam Gerecke took us around his farm on 20km singletrack that was built in the last few months by his 3 trail builders who all took up mountain biking after starting to work on the trails. TThe trails can be described as fun and flowy rather than physical and technical. There are no prolonged climbs that sucks the life out of you. You instead find single track switchbacks that takes you up the contours. The trail is exceptionally well marked and all the more technical sections have warning signs to alert you to this. While the trails are quite dry and feels a little 'green' in some sections, it should ride better and better in the months to come. Wildekrans itself offers self catering accommodation, world-class wines and a very nice restaurant to replenish the energy levels before you head home or where your better half can relax while you load up on awesomeness.

Can anyone please clarify as to why the Adventure and Ride have a SAS Seeding index of 100, for all participants?

Can anyone please clarify as to why the Adventure and Ride have a SAS Seeding index of 100, for all participants?

Why not? The race snakes in the race are about 50 strong the rest are all posers.

I was also wondering. Had some nice numbers before it changed to 100   :(

I was also wondering. Had some nice numbers before it changed to 100   :(

I see SAS have corrected the Index for Adventure and Ride.

If you take the winners times of the Adventure and Ride, match them with the Race times you will get a 100 index  :thumbup:  :P

Edited by AuctionLamb

• 2 weeks later...