2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

Just received this... entries open on Monday 16 Feb.

Hi FNB W2W Riders,

The FNB W2W Team is already in full gear, planning another and improved 2015 mountain bike experience. We are passionate about trail development, nature conservation and building the best partnerships with our sponsors and landowners ; more about these aspects in our next newsletters.

The most important aspect now is to secure your 2015 FNB W2W Entry. Carefully note the following:  

• Valentines Day, 14 February 2015, has always been the traditional entry opening date for the FNB W2W, but this year falls on a Saturday and for your convenience and to ensure sufficient entries support services, the entries will now open on Monday 16th February 2015 at 08h00, for those registered on the 2014 database, participants and waiting list entrants. Public entries (for those not on the current FNB W2W database) open on Monday 2 March 2015 at 08h00;
  • If you are registered on the 2014 database (if you received this Newsletter you are on the 2014 Database);
  • Use the same password as you did last year (your identity- / passport number/ e mail address), otherwise the system will not recognise you as a 2014 participant;
  • You don’t need to participate with the same partner, as long as your new partner is also on the 2014 database;
  • You can enter any of the three events;
  • Although you have participated in 2014, your entry is not guaranteed in order to give people on the Waiting List a similar chance to enter. The FNB W2W Entries apply the “first come-first served basis";
  • The substitution process opens on 2 March 2015. If you make a substitution, it will only reflect after the R300 substitution fee has been paid;
  • Entries NOT paid within 5 working days, will be deleted.

The 2015 entry package is:

• 650 teams per event;
  • R10 000 per team, incl. meals only but excl. tented accommodation in the Race Village;
  • R11 000 per team, incl. meals and a rider tent (maximum  400 teams);
  • R15 000 per team, incl. meals and a Luxury tent (maximum 120 teams)

Good luck with your entry and we look forward to meeting again in November. Safe cycling, stay fit and have fun.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was R9k for the tented option  :eek:

and only 5 days to pay!  

Inflation (and demand) is a b!tch!

events like W2W were borne from the greed of the top tier event organizers. Some have now steadily evolved and progressed up the food chain. so this creates an opportunity further down the line. I agree with Lefty though, the value was exceptional at last year's event. 

Edited by GLuvsMtb

In their defense, R9400 wasn't expensive for the quality of event that was delivered.

Now R55 600 is no just rukking the hoender but its scratching around inside to see if you left anything behind.

Huh, where you see that? 

........... R9400 wasn't expensive for the quality of event that was delivered..........

Agreed

Last year was R9k for the tented option  :eek:

and only 5 days to pay!  

Seems like the norm for Stillwatersports this year...

Xterra 2014 - R500

Xterra 2015 - R700 (40% increase)

W2W 2014 - R9000

W2W 2015 - R11000 (22% increase)

Salary increase - 7% :-(

Seems like the norm for Stillwatersports this year...

Xterra 2014 - R500

Xterra 2015 - R700 (40% increase)

W2W 2014 - R9000

W2W 2015 - R11000 (22% increase)

Salary increase - 7% :-(

The business model:

W2w2014 over subscribed by 150% profit = x

w2w 2015 over subscribed by 115%, profit = x + 15%

I don't begrudge a good organizer a proper return and there are plenty of alternatives (Knysna 200 or Gravel and Grape) that will not bleed you too dry.