2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

So today we start in G batch and it feels a bit like writing an exam. I know I studied hard enough and the single tracks are like multiple choice questions (I'm good at those) . The up hills are a bit like essay questions and you have to slog through them, but what if they ask us questions from the mud and wind chapter? I really didn't study that at all. I have done some of these in the past but will it be enough? Or are these going to be wind and mud questions that I have never seen before? The exam should be over at about 13h30 unless the EFF starts a #mtbikersmustfall movement.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Copperhead and my man crossed the line in under 5 hours, thanks for putting him in the pain cave hahaha. 

Bf says its about 40% harder than Sani, but maybe thats because he was cranking it a bit harder than when riding with me. 

Copperhead and my man crossed the line in under 5 hours, thanks for putting him in the pain cave hahaha. 

Bf says its about 40% harder than Sani, but maybe thats because he was cranking it a bit harder than when riding with me. 

Is Mr Copperhead single speeding again?

Day one done and seriously dusted I've not seen so many unibrows since the last homo naledi extreme hunting convention in Danville. No rain and the portage wasn't so bad . I see there are comparisons been made to Sani and I'll say this, so far it's not tougher than Sani but it is more technical which I quite like.

Further, I loaded last year's route on my Garmin and noticed they have added to the route and it's mostly single track that has been added after waterpoint 3. The route is now Eleventy Seven Kilometers and not the Eleventy Two Kim's they mentioned at the start. Seems like the whole country has a problem with numbers no doubt thanks to our erudite leader.

Day 2 must be one of the best MTBiking days around if technical riding is your thing. If your technical skills are not up to it this could be a very tough day, if it is you'll be all smiles. We had only one section that was affected by rain with serious mud at about 22kms other than that trails were superb. If you're looking for a comparison to Sani the single tracks today were better than the Umko descent and that says something but although none of the days were tougher than Sani day 2 so far, you work harder per kilometer on W2W than on Sani. There are simply no easy kays and you will work for every KM covered. If the weather reports prove to be correct we are in for a nightmare tomorrow with plenty of rain and wind.

Hope all adventure riders have a great day today. Planning on getting to registration fairly early and hope to be able to swap my clothing. Whoop whoop feel it its here

based on the stoem in table view, I hope you lot packed your life jackets

It's hectic out there! I feel for today's riders - my wife included. Suddenly I'm not so jealous that I couldn't ride this year.

based on the stoem in table view, I hope you lot packed your life jackets

Sitting on my spinning bike hearing the rain on the roof, I fear some guys and girls are going to have a horrible ride today!