2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

Yes generally the catered food was great.

The spur burgers were mostly Crap though.

Still the best event going. Will participate every year if possible

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We must always raise our hope

While lowering our expectations

Don't you remember what Ellis "Red" Redding said about hope??!!! #wemustneverforget

Priceless [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

But seriously I have only heard good things about the W2W. Maybe when my kids are older I will try get an entry. You see I don't have the luxury of buggering off to the Cape for a week to first do the wine stops before the event.

BUT I will say this.. any meal that I don't have to prepare is a winner.. [emoji6]

I have not done the W2W but it has a fantastic rep.

As far as meals go I prefer the comfort food so generally head off to the Pap Wors,Sous,Steak egg and 3 bean mix in no particular order and is pretty difficult to stuff up

Bfast is Jet Jungle Toast and coffee so all this gourmet business is lost on me

I fully understand the concern, but its meaningless to complain if you do not have a practical and cost effective alternative. We also have to understand that there were 3 events and not just 1. Perhaps the adventure got the best of the catering being first in the queue, I cannot say as I did not do the race or the ride. Complaining about the food with no alternative suggestion is like chanting that fees must fall without any consideration for the impact thereof.

Totally agree.

Do it, I have done a few stage races and it's not a coincidence W2W & S2C are the only ones that are sold out on the day the entries open. Again, what you read here on the hub is not representative of the general feeling towards those races.

On the food, I didn't hear any complaints while there or afterwards, from my partner, friends, neighbours, colleagues etc (maybe we had to much of the Oak Valley wine to notice... :ph34r: ). And even if the food weren't up to standard, I can pretty much guarantee that the organisers will fix it for next year, this is not a premium event by accident.

It is on the bucket list without a doubt. And Peregrine Stall is right there to cater for my Mosbolletjie and Chelsea bun post-ride needs. :)

It is on the bucket list without a doubt. And Peregrine Stall is right there to cater for my Mosbolletjie and Chelsea bun post-ride needs. :)

That place is the Carb Hell where the Carb Devil lives! But damn their stuff is good! I love going there, but always hate myself afterwards... :)

That place is the Carb Hell where the Carb Devil lives! But damn their stuff is good! I love going there, but always hate myself afterwards... :)

Those Chelsea Buns are worth a stop after every ride... :) and one is never enough, even though you could use just one to anchor an oil tanker.

I can't go past then without getting the springbok pie and fresh pressed apple juice

I use to get a Copenhagen there everytime I passed.Is that the same as a Chelsea Bun?

Chelsea Bun is a square raisin/fruit bun with icing on top.

Ah... Their Venison pie, too. Now you people are talking.:)

Archived