Anyone missing a Giant MTB?

Spinnekop

Busy having a look at a dude that may or may not sell stolen goods.

Came across this bike.

Anyone missing it?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzYwWDQ4MA==/z/aNEAAOSw8d9U1ZQa/$_20.JPG

...was wondering about that bike... I know where you got the pic from :)

Guy seems to be selling the most random items ever (and always). Photo frames, cameras, Garmin golf GPS's, cell phones. Everything. I see he studied B.Comm Accounting so I doubt it's stolen. Maybe he sells repossessed items.

Accountants are mostly into the white collar crimes  :ph34r:

Bike is very overpriced if any of you were interested - R5500. Ouch.

EDIT: The price in itself is a crime...

I am missing an ATX 860 from that era but it was red where the one pictured is black. It had Juicy 7, 8spd XT and red Marzocchi Bomber air/oil forks on when it went missing in the Howick area

One day when my current XTC has got too many scratches, I'm going to do a retro ATX paintjob.....so '80's......

Bike stand leans towards being legit

My thinking too. If he was of criminal intent he'd be selling the bike at a too good to be true price. Plus he is selling it on his personal social media page. Kind of daft for a learned individual. I think he was thinking he'll make a quick buck off this cycling fad - somebody probably fleeced him at an over inflated price because it is "race ready and has Shimano components on it, perfect for the Aurgust."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived