Knox, Evans to settle unfinished Cape Epic business

News bot

I like how everybody has a comment on how these athletes will be performing, how they have no chance. Yes we have our favourites, and we all have a right to give an opinion but maybe everybody should stop and think that these athletes also read these social forums, it makes a person negative to read the crap some people make up sitting behind a desk while the professional athletes are out bleeding sweat and tears to be in the best form they can be. maybe if more people believed in the good of them not just the negative they will actually perform... its easy to sit back and commentate, lets put ourselves in their shoes, wont be so glorious... im backing any south african who can get on that GC podium... 

Sign me up, I'll gladly get out there and train rather than suck up the BS in a corporate office. Poor lambs..... I cannot imagine how tough it must be out there. Maybe some of these guys did not do cover themselves in glory? African team on the GC podium - Scott.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how everybody has a comment on how these athletes will be performing, how they have no chance. Yes we have our favourites, and we all have a right to give an opinion but maybe everybody should stop and think that these athletes also read these social forums, it makes a person negative to read the crap some people make up sitting behind a desk while the professional athletes are out bleeding sweat and tears to be in the best form they can be. maybe if more people believed in the good of them not just the negative they will actually perform... its easy to sit back and commentate, lets put ourselves in their shoes, wont be so glorious... im backing any south african who can get on that GC podium... 

Yes, we are behind our little desks bleeding sweat and tears to make a living every day, not going to apologize for making comments while we're not able to make the GC podiums. 99% of us are behind South Africans, BUT you also have to be realistic. It's good they read our comments, we know they are Hub haters, hopefully it will motivate them even more to get their behinds into gear to get on the podiums for a change against the international competition (not the local fun-riders or weekend warriors) to prove us wrong and stop whining all the time! 

Edit: Or get someone like you to come on here and whine for them, even more pathetic....

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

I for one would like to see Phil Buys and Gerrie Beukes have another crack at a podium finish. Those two absolutely beasted the Cape Pioneer, and if not for Gerrie's tyre woes, who knows what could have been.

I for one would like to see Phil Buys and Gerrie Beukes have another crack at a podium finish. Those two absolutely beasted the Cape Pioneer, and if not for Gerrie's tyre woes, who knows what could have been.

You mean Mathys Beukes? I don't recall Phil riding CPT with Mathys's older brother while sitting behind my little desk at work  :rolleyes:

You mean Mathys Beukes? I don't recall Phil riding CPT with Mathys's older brother while sitting behind my little desk at work  :rolleyes:

Whoops, my bad. Yup, I'm so used to having dealings with Gerrie that I typed his name on auto-pilot mode, but yes, I meant Mathys. :blush:

Still, top man Gerrie is.

Kevin and Max will have a tough time, but I'll be shouting for them.

When I started MTB, Kevin was the guy to beat, I'll always cheers for him.

Edited by white tiger