Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

agree with you there.

also found having the fenix strapped to the bike saved it from a few hard hard knocks when I run out of talent.

fenix on the bars - optical sensor worth bupkiss

Brilliant!  :thumbup:

I can totally relate, I still steer clear of the black trails at some MTB parks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice point about putting it on the bike rather than wrist

Sportsmans have the sapphire for 10k

Discovery healthy gear less 25%!!!!!!!!

Ordered my healthy gear car so the count down begins

Nice point about putting it on the bike rather than wrist

Sportsmans have the sapphire for 10k

Discovery healthy gear less 25%!!!!!!!!

Ordered my healthy gear car so the count down begins

You will only get 25% less on a max of R2000 per month!

Go recheck the t&c's on the vitality healthy gear webpage!

In other words you will save R500 and the sapphire will cost you R9500. You will not save 25% on R10k

And the 25% applies to Vitality Diamond Status I think. Other levels get a lower discount. #sadface

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!  New in this forum.  Anyone know which watch face software shows time in words?  Thanks

post-92662-0-17534000-1459917216_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so down in Umhlanga for a family break and wearing my fênix 3 Sapphire with Velcro strap. In the waves with my kids and we all get dumped properly and I feel the Velcro peel away. Had to make a quick catch of the little one and thus couldn't catch the watch, obvious choice!

Question now is, do I go for the Titantium or the leather strap Sapphire as the replacement? Standard Sapphire was quite heavy, but looked great, I use it as an every day watch and want to keep the slick look...

Gonna buy replacement tomorrow and claim insurance later, any ideas, how durable is the leather, I know it'll not withstand swimming etc., but it looks awesome. Please learned Hubbers, some advice please...

EDIT: if you find one on or around Umhlanga beach, give me a heads up please, such a waste of a lekker watch [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

Lost a set of Oakleys like that as well, kids come first, good choice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: if you find one on or around Umhlanga beach, give me a heads up please, such a waste of a lekker watch [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

Reckon that watch is long gone. Maybe in a few years time a metal detector oke will pick it up but doubt it.

Isn't there a new fenix coming out with a built in heart rate monitor on the strap?

Reckon that watch is long gone. Maybe in a few years time a metal detector oke will pick it up but doubt it.

Isn't there a new fenix coming out with a built in heart rate monitor on the strap?

if you like mtb i cannot see how you would like that watch

if you like mtb i cannot see how you would like that watch

Ya, there's one out with the optical HRM in the unit itself. Never liked those. I use the Edge 520 for MTB, so no issue anyway, this I used for running and swimming. Still don't like the built in HRM, I've got the HR straps and those work just fine. Edited by Jigghead

OK, so down in Umhlanga for a family break and wearing my fênix 3 Sapphire with Velcro strap. In the waves with my kids and we all get dumped properly and I feel the Velcro peel away. Had to make a quick catch of the little one and thus couldn't catch the watch, obvious choice!

Question now is, do I go for the Titantium or the leather strap Sapphire as the replacement? Standard Sapphire was quite heavy, but looked great, I use it as an every day watch and want to keep the slick look...

Gonna buy replacement tomorrow and claim insurance later, any ideas, how durable is the leather, I know it'll not withstand swimming etc., but it looks awesome. Please learned Hubbers, some advice please...

I have the regular Fenix with plastic strap and have had no problems in surf. Leather and water are usually not a great recipe. Sounds like serious bad luck with the Velcro though, I really wouldn't expect that to happen.

Mines the Saphire F3 HR on the rubber and use it as a everyday watch! It's great! I have skinny wrists and it's a huge unit but it's oddly ok as everyday

Rubber is def the way to go tho! That metal strap was way to heavy