Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Only crap isnthat you have to setup apps again .. on the watch.

Still dont understand why these cannot be done on the garmin connect portal or express app or at least backed up there like with Polar.

Such a shlep!

There was a way to save it but it is a mission. I seem to remember seeing a method on the Garmin Forum under the fēnix 3 tab.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a way to save it but it is a mission. I seem to remember seeing a method on the Garmin Forum under the fēnix 3 tab.

I think this is only really possible by making a copy of the GARMIN\APPS folder and copy it back after your update.  This could however screw with either the apps or the update if there are compatibility issues.

I have only owned Polars before my Fenix and it was always a breeze to setup the different exercises / apps online or in a windows app.

Maybe they will d it at some stage, I have posed the question but have not had any feedback.

Will keep you guys updated.

OK, so down in Umhlanga for a family break and wearing my fênix 3 Sapphire with Velcro strap. In the waves with my kids and we all get dumped properly and I feel the Velcro peel away. Had to make a quick catch of the little one and thus couldn't catch the watch, obvious choice!

Question now is, do I go for the Titantium or the leather strap Sapphire as the replacement? Standard Sapphire was quite heavy, but looked great, I use it as an every day watch and want to keep the slick look...

Gonna buy replacement tomorrow and claim insurance later, any ideas, how durable is the leather, I know it'll not withstand swimming etc., but it looks awesome. Please learned Hubbers, some advice please...

EDIT: if you find one on or around Umhlanga beach, give me a heads up please, such a waste of a lekker watch [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

Hi guys,

Who of you have insured your watches, and what does your payments look like?

I am with Sanlam, and just received a quote for R144/month, might still get a couple of bucks off.  If I need to claim, the excess payment will be R350.00.  Does this sound right?

ta

Hi guys,

I am with Sanlam, and just received a quote for R144/month, might still get a couple of bucks off.  If I need to claim, the excess payment will be R350.00.  Does this sound right?

ta

Always insure my watches helmets, shoes everything.

Currently as specified on my home insurance with mutual and federal for R40 / month and R250 excess.

Did anyone else notice Andre Greipel wearing a Fenix 3 yesterday? Saw it as he was sitting against the fence after taking the stage.

I'd have thought these guys would only run computers on their bikes and no unnecessary additional equipment. Good endorsement for Garmin...

Hi guys,

I am with Sanlam, and just received a quote for R144/month, might still get a couple of bucks off. If I need to claim, the excess payment will be R350.00. Does this sound right?

ta

I pay R50pm with a R1,150 excess. I'm with CIB. The unit is insured for R15K. Edited by Jigghead

Does any one know how accurate the HR Sensor is on the all new Fenix 3 HR?????

From what i read on reviews it is pretty accurate IF you use it correctly. 

Hi

I have a old (brand new unused) garmin GSC 10 cadence sensor that came with my old 705.

will I be able to pair the unit with my fenix3 for use on the IDT, or will I have to buy the new speed/cadence sensor?

ta

Hi

I have a old (brand new unused) garmin GSC 10 cadence sensor that came with my old 705.

will I be able to pair the unit with my fenix3 for use on the IDT, or will I have to buy the new speed/cadence sensor?

ta

yes you will be able to pair it

yes you will be able to pair it

shot shaper thx, will probably just replace the battery and then give it a shot. 

Hi shaper, it worked perfectly thank you.

On the fenix, I must manually add the wheel size, which it asks for in mm.

so 29inch = 736.6 mm.  is this the correct number to enter?

I have a road wheel on the back, so should the value be something else, or only 700mm?

Hi shaper, it worked perfectly thank you.

On the fenix, I must manually add the wheel size, which it asks for in mm.

so 29inch = 736.6 mm.  is this the correct number to enter?

I have a road wheel on the back, so should the value be something else, or only 700mm?

I just let it auto-calibrate which it does after riding a few km outside.

I just let it auto-calibrate which it does after riding a few km outside.

hi,

ok thanks I will give it a go!!