Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another win is that with the Discovery Healthy gear Card at Sportmans, I got it for just over 6k, where the normal selling price is R8450

Did you get back the 25% the next month or is it discount on the spot? Thanks Edited by Rebelking

Did you get back the 25% the next month or is it discount on the spot? Thanks

. Edited by StevieL

End of the month

Mmm...this is weird to me. I spoke to a garmin rep and he told me that coz it is a new product launch, discovery members wont get their vitality discount yet. Only later in the year. I wanted to do the same thing. Confusion.

Mmm...this is weird to me. I spoke to a garmin rep and he told me that coz it is a new product launch, discovery members wont get their vitality discount yet. Only later in the year. I wanted to do the same thing. Confusion.

BS. It's got nothing to do with garmins pricing and or systems, and everything to do with sportsmans warehouse etc. They link their billing systems with Vitality and it triggers a payment at the end of the following month.

BS. It's got nothing to do with garmins pricing and or systems, and everything to do with sportsmans warehouse etc. They link their billing systems with Vitality and it triggers a payment at the end of the following month.

Cool. I will follow up then.

Another win is that with the Discovery Healthy gear Card at Sportmans, I got it for just over 6k, where the normal selling price is R8450

Hi StevieL, Can you please confirm when you get you 25% back that it is actually on the full amount of R8450 (So must be R2112.5 cash back).

I ask because I just read this on Discovery's website....

"As a single member, you can get cash back on a maximum of R2 000 a month that you spend on HealthyGear. Your HealthyGear spend that you get cash back on is also limited to the number of Vitality points you have for the year " 

Hi StevieL, Can you please confirm when you get you 25% back that it is actually on the full amount of R8450 (So must be R2112.5 cash back).

"As a single member, you can get cash back on a maximum of R2 000 a month that you spend on HealthyGear. Your HealthyGear spend that you get cash back on is also limited to the number of Vitality points you have for the year "

If it's just you on vitality,then there's a R2k per month in the amount you spend. If there are 2 or more members on the membership then the limit is 4k per month.

Haven't registered myself and my mind is truly stuffed today (gastro brain) so I.need to confirm this...

Edited by El Capitan

I did get the full discount, but having said that I am on a family plan (4 members). How the discount works with a single member I'm not sure... Worth noting too that I am Diamond status. Not sure whether that has any bearing on the discount either...

If it's just you on vitality,then there's a R2k per month in the amount you spend. If there are 2 or more members on the membership then the limit is 4k per month.

Haven't registered myself and my mind is truly stuffed today (gastro brain) so I.need to confirm this...

That is correct, but even on a family plan one should only get 25% back on R4000 pm. I want 25% on the full R8k.

I did get the full discount, but having said that I am on a family plan (4 members). How the discount works with a single member I'm not sure... Worth noting too that I am Diamond status. Not sure whether that has any bearing on the discount either...

Ok thanks. I am also Diamond status. Will email Discovery and give feedback.

Does anyone think its worth it to get a Fenix 3 to replace my Edge 810?

Started to do a bit of running but cycling is my primary sport.

Any thoughts?

If you're using the edge just to record your ride, and the odd "how many km have I ridden", then the watch is fine. Otherwise the small screen will limit how much data fields you can see at a time (and turn your eyes squint).

Get fenix, keep 810. N+1 applies to accessories too.

Does anyone think its worth it to get a Fenix 3 to replace my Edge 810?

Started to do a bit of running but cycling is my primary sport.

Any thoughts?

I have the fenix 1. On the bike I'm using it with an old Suunto bar-mount and it works fine. Screen is big enough for me to see everything I need (Used it for joBerg2C navigation too). I got it because I could use the same unit for cycling, running and hiking in the Berg - which works very well for me.

It doesn't have a touch-screen or other fancy features that I've seen on the garmin bike-units, but for my purposes it works brilliantly.

Edited by cat-i

If you're using the edge just to record your ride, and the odd "how many km have I ridden", then the watch is fine. Otherwise the small screen will limit how much data fields you can see at a time (and turn your eyes squint).

Get fenix, keep 810. N+1 applies to accessories too.

Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated