Rapidé Ultralight Hubs

mjacres

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KIWI, is that an alum body with a steel insert to prevent a cassette damaging it?

Hi Hairy,

That's correct. AL7075 cassette body, steel insert.

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to your thoughts. Keep me posted.

Awesome hubs, really happy. As for the rims, one of the easiest tubeless conversions I have done. I can recommend the hubs and rims

• 2 weeks later...

I received my hubs and spokes today within 20 hours of ordering.

The are being build now, will have them back tomorrow.

Thanks for the excellent service Kiwi (Rapide)

Went for a 5km ride around the block, the hubs sound great and the engagement of it is excellent.

I am so far happy with it, will put it to the test tomorrow when I do the King Fisher race.

• 1 year later...

Some thread necro here. 

Can anyone give some long term feedback on the Rapide hubs?

I'm  considering a rapide hub for a new rear wheel build on my Trance, and would love any feedback. Specifically wrt the bearings, freebody and wether the ABG works. 

Went for a 5km ride around the block, the hubs sound great and the engagement of it is excellent.
I am so far happy with it, will put it to the test tomorrow when I do the King Fisher race.

Some thread necro here. 

Can anyone give some long term feedback on the Rapide hubs?

I'm  considering a rapide hub for a new rear wheel build on my Trance, and would love any feedback. Specifically wrt the bearings, freebody and wether the ABG works. 

I've built wheels for 5 different bikes using Rapide Hubs. Super reliable, lightweight, great quality and superb backup. You wont find better for the price. The oldest set has been running for over 18 months without any issues.

I'm also interested in a long term review of sorts and what size bearings they run on. Was also looking at these hubs, but need 28 hole and they only come in 32 hole.

Can get a good deal on Novatec hubs, but there will always be another wheelset in the future and I will keep these in mind.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are they cartridge or cup & cone bearings? TIA

Hi Daine175,

The Rapidé hubs use cartridge bearings (6902 2RS) same size used on the front and rear hubs. We use Ezo bearings from Japan.

Been riding a Rapidé TR29 TrailRacer Wheelset for just over a year now. Wayne built my wheels. The hubs have been flawless, as has the rest of the wheelset. You can't go wrong. Kiwi/Rapidé rocks.  

Been riding a Rapidé TR29 TrailRacer Wheelset for just over a year now. Wayne built my wheels. The hubs have been flawless, as has the rest of the wheelset. You can't go wrong. Kiwi/Rapidé rocks.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived