Wireless/bluetooth Earphones

DJ84

So i like the following options:

if you are riding on the open road Bone conduction earphones are the win.

they leave your ear canal open so you can hear cars and ambient noise, further they allow your ear to breathe which is nice, i find earphones to eventually become uncomfortable/itchy due to the inability to breathe.

i have a set of these and i swear by them

USD125 including taxes and delivery. usually take a week to arrive.

https://www.amazon.com/AfterShokz-Conduction-Headphones-Reflective-AS600SG-BR/dp/B07G3JMPBZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=AfterShokz+Trekz+Titanium&qid=1558956396&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

alternatively if you have an android phone the Samsung wireless earpods are also decent.

with an android phone you can enable ambient noise which then allows you to hear other noises quite well.

i gave my set to my wife for her to use at gym and she loves them.

i never tried them for riding, but i suspect they would be decent.

how are those aftershokz with a helmet on ?

I always worry about the piece that goes behind your head.

Although I must say, after years of riding with an in ear wired bud in the left ear so that I could hear cyclemeter reading out my stats I'm rather enjoying having nothing in my ears the last  months. I do miss having so music to listen to sometimes though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how are those aftershokz with a helmet on ?

I always worry about the piece that goes behind your head.

Although I must say, after years of riding with an in ear wired bud in the left ear so that I could hear cyclemeter reading out my stats I'm rather enjoying having nothing in my ears the last  months. I do miss having so music to listen to sometimes though.

total non-issue.

it sits below the helmet line (at least with me)

they really are great.

on the longer lonely 3-4 hours rides they really help pass the time.

i am quite safety conscious. so being able to hear someone yell or a car was imperative to me.

i even have a garmin varia to be extra safe.

Edited by Furbz

Thank you Furbz for your detailed reply. 

Those earphones really do look. But the thing is, I will be using it for early Zwift sessions not to disturb the rest of the household as well. So would like something that can block out the surroundings and also to get into the groove with my playlist. 

That being said, I got an offer for Samsung Galaxy buds for R1500 brand new with shipping included.

The reviews looks very good! But the only thing that bothers me is that I am using a Xiaomi phone and not a Samsung. Just like the EarPods, these will work best with Samsung phones. 

But with that being said, I use the Samsung Gear S2 Sport with my phone no worries at all. 

So maybe I should invest in them?

I did saw the Ambient Noise, looks pretty epic! Will definitely help with the evening commutes.

if the Xiaomi is android you should be able to download the app?

maybe check that first?

check out carbonite for guys selling the galaxy buds

if the Xiaomi is android you should be able to download the app?

maybe check that first?

check out carbonite for guys selling the galaxy buds

Yes Xiaomi is Android and I already have the Galaxy Wear app installed for my watch.

Yup, the offer is from a Carbonite reseller. I buy basically all my electronics from Carbonite.

So you would recommend the Galaxy Buds?

Waiting for the OP to be lectured on the safety aspect, and how inconsiderate it is to wear earphones...(But it is monday, so may be a tad early)

Me, I roll with Skullcandy Method Wireless.

They have all the weight away from the buds, with an "alice" band that sits around the neck. I am on my second pair, previous one was replaced under warrantee.

Got them initially to wear with a motorcycle helmet, where the bulkiness of some of the Bluetooth units are an issue.

8 hours listening time on a charge, and sound quality is pretty good.

Waiting for the OP to be lectured on the safety aspect, and how inconsiderate it is to wear earphones...(But it is monday, so may be a tad early)

Me, I roll with Skullcandy Method Wireless.

They have all the weight away from the buds, with an "alice" band that sits around the neck. I am on my second pair, previous one was replaced under warrantee.

Got them initially to wear with a motorcycle helmet, where the bulkiness of some of the Bluetooth units are an issue.

8 hours listening time on a charge, and sound quality is pretty good.

I eventually gave up on the Method Wireless. 3 pairs in as many months. They've got a technical issue with them and will eventually fail according to Skullcandy SA. A recall is being considered the last I heard.

I bought the Jabra Elite Active 65t's and never looked back, so comfy I sometimes can't feel them in my ears and sound quality is incredible.

Thanks for the feedback, Hoping it happens within the next 6 months, will then go for something else (Bought at Musica initially)

Cool, no problem. My wife is on a pair for 8 months now, no issue. Older stock apparently. The issue with the stock that is now circulating is they suddenly don't hold a charge. Light shows charged (blue) but the moment they're unplugged from USB they die. Something about bad component on pc board.

OK, so the Galaxy Buds is out, seems that I will experience connectivity issues with my Xiaomi phone.

The Jabra Elite Active 65T's looks really nice, just comes with a hefty price tag.

I use the skullcandy SB2 wireless, but I don't ride with them, but I've had them for 2 to 3 years and no issues, last 6 to 8 hours no problem. My previous pair of Skullcandy wired earphones (the ink'd) lasted almost 8 years before the cable snapped, caught on a door handle

I've recently got myself a set of Jabra Elite Active 65t's and use them for commuting to and from the office in the heart of Brussels as well.

The "external mic" setup means that you can hear exactly what's happening around you, even though it's an in ear setup - best sport specific headphones / earbuds that I've ever experienced.

Another vote here for the Jabra Elite Active 65t. Great sound, really easy to use, has Bluetooth 5.0 which is nice (more range/better fidelity or something, who knows really) and they stay put. I don't use them for 'on the road' whether running or biking, I've always preferred full situational awareness, but the 'passthrough' feature for this is pretty handy. I use them for mowing the lawn...and in those cases, the 'non-passthrough' makes that task so much better.

OK, so the Galaxy Buds is out, seems that I will experience connectivity issues with my Xiaomi phone.

The Jabra Elite Active 65T's looks really nice, just comes with a hefty price tag.

buy right, buy once - the sound quality is awesome, as is the build, the comfort, the connectivity, the batter life...if mine were to break, i would replace them without even considering it

Mate of mine had an issue with his 65t's, local agents couriered a new pair directly to him  :thumbup:

I would seriously recommend that if you are even a tiny bit phased about true audio fidelity you consider saving up a bit and looking at the Bose Soundsport wireless, yes some sport specific headphones have nicer “active features” but nothing beats Bose and Sennheiser when it comes down to sound quality