Vinyl Records/LP's.

Wyatt Earp

I unfortunately made enemies on AVSA with the old toppie that builds these.  Still not so sure what I did wrong to tick him off.  He is an odd gentleman. So I do not expect to get one for a discount.

PS:  I prefer DynaVector XV myself, but can't afford it.

Those OKES don't play on that forum, VERY SERIAAAS about their SOUND

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I unfortunately made enemies on AVSA with the old toppie that builds these.  Still not so sure what I did wrong to tick him off.  He is an odd gentleman. So I do not expect to get one for a discount.

PS:  I prefer DynaVector XV myself, but can't afford it.  

Bud, André is very eccentric and takes whatever he reads on the forum too much at face value.

In person he is actually a damn nice guy, and absolute gentleman .

Let me save you some money, I had a Dynavector XV 1s (ask those forumites) and I ditched it within two weeks, it couldn't even touch my Goldmund Gold which was made by Clearaudio nor my Benz L 2 I had.

I was dissapoint .

...and here I thought my little Pro-Ject was kinda cool 'cause it has a carbon arm :( , LOL

Project TT's are really great  :thumbup:

Those OKES don't play on that forum, VERY SERIAAAS about their SOUND

I beg to differ, just the DIY crowd are seriaas and they call the people with nice equipment snobs.

I have seen so many okes trying to school Schalk on building amps.

I eventually ditched the place, many of us now chat on FB on VinylSA

Edited by Wyatt Earp

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...so an interesting weekend.

Sent my wife to mangwanani.

Sent my kids to ouma and oupa.

Whent to microgram and record mad.

Ran out of time.

55 albums later and a cool piece of cataloging software and i am finally in my happy place.post-18409-1427033121,4694.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First thing I bought after Matric was a Kenwood system, took two years to pay off back in 81/82, still have it, still listen to it, but with Mission speakers. The Kewoods are wired to the telly!

Have a small collection, around 200, mostly from the 80's.

Recently started buying vinyl again, I picked up a beautiful edition of The Wall in Barcelona recently.

However the whol lot pales compared to the preceding posts!

Awesome systems you folks have! Stunning tech out there, I have work to do!!

Flippa and I did some scavenging at our folks place. These are some of the highlights.

post-10608-1428856672,0855.jpg

Edited by the nerd

• 4 years later...

Thread revival....

I recently took ownership of a Pioneer PL11. It was in a sorry state and needed some cleaning and a wiring job (Plugs were cut off). The stylus unfortunately is knackered and I am looking for a replacement. I can get online but would prefer a walk in solution in case it fails in future. Anybody know where to get a PN10 stylus in the Durban area or any shops that might sell that stylus? Online I have found @lantis in Pretoria.

Thanks in advance  :thumbup: