CTCT Lifecycle Expo: meeting all your cycling expo-tations

News bot

oooh donder, I left my timing chip on my shoe in my cupboard. wanted to go today. Has anyone gone with just the letter/email and got registered, or are they following the rules to the point?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went yesterday since I needed most of my gear since I came to ZA with none. Decent expo, got some good deals, but nothing amazing.

I am surprised that riders can only attend the expo once for free. Seriously? Don't the vendors want more foot traffic? I am assuming the booths aren't cheap.

I'm in the market for  1 x bib  & 1 x lekka cycle shirt....

I'll also try to grip the Ccard tight and not splurge on too much other stuff...

Question - do I go spesifically to the expo to purchase this? any good suggestions?

I've got a CWC bib and is suitably impressed... I do not want to pull trigger on Assos top of the range bib, but also not the bottom of the range either! (my other bib is a Santini one...and it's really great! But not really R900 difference great!!  i cannot see any differences between the two...(R900 vs R1800)

anatomic have a special, buy a bib and get 40% of your shirt...

They are quite strict, I went yesterday, also left my chip at home, but luckily I still had the "admit one" voucher from the Argus mtb race. 

ok, so worst case scenario they will make you pay to get in if you don't have a chip? i'm not doing the round trip to get it, but will make a moere of a scene about how dumb it is.

I am surprised that riders can only attend the expo once for free. Seriously? Don't the vendors want more foot traffic? I am assuming the booths aren't cheap.

I raised that point with the organisers some time ago but nothing has changed.

Why discourage people from coming back again and again.?  :(

I was at the expo just after opening this morning and there was a good vibe and plenty of people rolling in early. From a personal point I agree that the guys from the nutrition stalls will probably take a knock, I bought nothing from them this year, a bottle of energy drink water is more than enough for 47 kms as far as I am concerned.

Rather disappointed with expo!

Poor expo and no "GEES"

Expo hasn't changed much if at all over the years, so many may head there with expectations which won't be met.

As for the "gees", I got a similar feeling ... not to say there wasn't any, it was just very different.

After saying 2 years ago i wont go again (my company picks up our numbers anyways) i decided to go this year again, had a whole shopping list and ended up buying a new camelbak bottle for my wife because she liked the color.

I can buy my supplements for cheaper online and the rest of the stuff I was looking for is the same price as at my LBS so why give the business away...

ok, so worst case scenario they will make you pay to get in if you don't have a chip? i'm not doing the round trip to get it, but will make a moere of a scene about how dumb it is.

I left my chip at home - they just asked you to show them your sms with your number. And you dont have to pay.

I left my chip at home - they just asked you to show them your sms with your number. And you dont have to pay.

Take note those wanting to visit the Expo again ... :whistling:

I'm in the market for  1 x bib  & 1 x lekka cycle shirt....

I'll also try to grip the Ccard tight and not splurge on too much other stuff...

Question - do I go spesifically to the expo to purchase this? any good suggestions?

I've got a CWC bib and is suitably impressed... I do not want to pull trigger on Assos top of the range bib, but also not the bottom of the range either! (my other bib is a Santini one...and it's really great! But not really R900 difference great!!  i cannot see any differences between the two...(R900 vs R1800)

best buy is the craft bib shorts (same brand as the ones that were made for the hub) on special for R800 bucks. Well worth it! Tops are everywhere just do a deal with someone.

I was VERY VERY impressed with the guys from Extreme lights. Not often you get told a light is a bit of a gimmik and he sells you a cheaper light and then says you can have to for the same price as the gimmik and with a discount. The proceeds to offer you a big discount on the lights for front of the bike plus a spare battery. Extreme lights gets my vote as the stand to visit (ok also the guys doing the great rift valley cycling trip, the rovos rail cycling trip and desert nights cycling trip).

After saying 2 years ago i wont go again (my company picks up our numbers anyways) i decided to go this year again, had a whole shopping list and ended up buying a new camelbak bottle for my wife because she liked the color.

I can buy my supplements for cheaper online and the rest of the stuff I was looking for is the same price as at my LBS so why give the business away...

was dissapointed that the first ascent stuff was the same price as the local shop. The same for cape storm stuff and all the other shops (cape storm had their entry level stuff for sale at R500 from R800). All the other places were expensive.

Obviously the food for sale and the drinks with tea and coffee was expensive - the beer was cheap from the small scale brewers.

best buy is the craft bib shorts (same brand as the ones that were made for the hub) on special for R800 bucks. Well worth it! Tops are everywhere just do a deal with someone.

I was VERY VERY impressed with the guys from Extreme lights. Not often you get told a light is a bit of a gimmik and he sells you a cheaper light and then says you can have to for the same price as the gimmik and with a discount. The proceeds to offer you a big discount on the lights for front of the bike plus a spare battery. Extreme lights gets my vote as the stand to visit (ok also the guys doing the great rift valley cycling trip, the rovos rail cycling trip and desert nights cycling trip).

I bought the 1200 Lumens light for some Night time MTB Riding, great salesmen, spent bucks I wasn't supposed to :whistling:

I was like in two minds, they like, you want discount, I was like.....DAMN just take my freggin money!